Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get rid of secure folder locked notification permanently?

(Topic created on: 05-05-2023 11:08 AM)
onlytanmoy
Pioneer
Options

After the August update, when I reboot my phone, it shows a persistent notification "Secure Folder locked" under Android system section...the only way to make it go is to unlock my secure folder.

I don't want to uninstall Secure Folder, just looking for an one time solution to get rid of that pesky notification. TIA

182 REPLIES 182
Leggir
Journeyman
Options

I'm not sure what phone you're using, but on both my Note 8 and S22U once I type in the pin "to unlock secure folder notifications" I still have to use biometrics or the pin to unlock the folder. Perhaps it's because I have Autolock when the screen turns off, turned on? 

0 Likes
DragonWolf5589
Pathfinder
Options
Almost a year on since I had this issue and it still won't go away. I'm going to have to use 3rd party app instead I don't want notifications from my secure folder anyway and defo don't want "unlock to see notifications" notification that never goes until I unlock the folder and then lock it again EVERY time my phone restarts or anything.
Members_IWJ7Dg3
First Poster
Options

I just updated the phone from S9+ to S23+.
Honestly, this is more of a downgrade. Writing here to add my name to the list, in case someone is counting.

Can't get rid of this particular notification, unless I turn off all notifications.

Can't use a dedicated fingerprint to unlock Secure Folder.

Can't unlock the screen once my fingerprint is scanned or face seen (I need to swipe again).

At least it is realistic to number the versions backwards, because S23+ (916) is clearly a downgrade from S9+ (965) in terms of software. Soon I'd wish my S8 battery would still hold up.

robined
Student
Options

Still no fix for this! Why oh why, samsung?!

Leggir
Journeyman
Options

Three probabilities:

1. They don't view it as a problem.

2. They don't read their own forums. 

3. There was a change Google instituted in a security update that forced this issue. 

Leggir
Journeyman
Options

You can get replacement batteries for the S8 on eBay. 

0 Likes
Members_TyEyidX
First Poster
Options

Just got the problem since May's update (s23). Cannot access secure folder, cannot reset password, and the notification is always there on lock screen and in notofication bar. So annoying... Please fix. Should I root android and remove secure folder app?

Uncle roger
First Poster
Options

Samsung please read.

The purpose of the SECURE FOLDER is supposed to be SECURE and PRIVATE

Ultimately, it is up to the individual user to decide whether or not to have these these notifications

When we want to access the Secure folder we would unlock it, we do not need any reminder that the SECURE FOLDER is locked. 

Samsung please include a function to turn ON/OFF the "Secure folder locked" notification after rebooting the phone.

Jimmy31
Student
Options

No need to root. Just sign out of your Samsung account and you can uninstall secure folder. 

0 Likes
JustaDude
Student
Options

Just had my phone update to Android 13 & instantly had this issue. I managed to get rid of it though.....

Have to go into the secure folder with unlock pattern or password, then click the 3 dot menu, settings, Notifications and Data, app notifications, deselect Android System Intelligence (may need to show system apps if not already). After rebooting, the annoying notification is gone!

0 Likes