Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get rid of secure folder locked notification permanently?

(Topic created on: 24-08-2022 08:55 PM)
onlytanmoy
Pioneer
Options

After the August update, when I reboot my phone, it shows a persistent notification "Secure Folder locked" under Android system section...the only way to make it go is to unlock my secure folder.

I don't want to uninstall Secure Folder, just looking for an one time solution to get rid of that pesky notification. TIA

182 REPLIES 182
Lingard87
Pathfinder
Options
If you press and hold the notification, does it give you the option to turn off the notification?
onlytanmoy
Pioneer
Options

No, tried that already before posting here :smiling-face:

LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
Try wiping the cache partition of the phone and that may resolve the issue. Just search 'how to wipe cache partition Galaxy S20' and you should find what you are looking for 😃. Hope this helps! 🙂
onlytanmoy
Pioneer
Options

No, that doesn't help :smiling-face: Thanks for trying to help though.

Maybe someone facing this and been successful to resolve can suggest me the option to get rid of that (if that is possible that is) 😄

mitrabhanu
First Poster
Options

Getting same issue with S10+ after Aug update.

onlytanmoy
Pioneer
Options

Thanks for confirming, looks like the Aug update has introduced this new nagging feature to our Samsung devices 😒

Members_1yRNYe7
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue with this annoying notification on my Lock Screen.

Now, I can't into my secure Folder as I have forgotten my Password, but there is no Button "Forgot Password" to reset it, as it is explained in many instructions on the www. I can't type "FORGOT PASSWORD" as the keyboard shows only Numbers. Can anyone help? 

Josh46
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue, but it's with my Tab S7.  None of the support/forum suggestions help and I cannot for the life of me find the reset password option.  

JuniorSwaaay
First Poster
Options

It looks like this annoying, persistent notification issue only started in August. Samsung needs to allow this notification to be turned off. Please someone post when Samsung has done this. I have this error on my Flip 4.