Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I restore Samsung Notes from back up (google drive)

(Topic created on: 21-12-2021 11:34 AM)
Eurodjuro
Journeyman
Options

Hi Folks, 

My wife's phone is the S20 and I have it configured to back up to google drive. However, she noticed that her notes are not there and I can't see an easy way to locate Samsung Notes backup.....any ideas?

Thanks, 

Djuro

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
Try below

Open the Settings app.

Select Cloud and accounts.

Tap Restore data.

Select the file type for Samsung Notes memos.

Tap Restore

0 Likes
Eurodjuro
Journeyman
Options

Thanks Steve - 

I can only see: "Settings > Accounts and backup > "

From there there is an option to restore  a backup from 'Samsung Cloud' but I am not using that, instead I am using Google Drive to back up data to.....there is the challenge to access Samsung Notes in my Google backup.

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Google Drive as far as I know does not back up Note data, only Samsung Cloud and Smart Switch will work.

AndrewL
Options

@Eurodjuro: Try heading to the Samsung Notes app itself > Tap the 3 lines in the top left > Tap the cog in the top right > Sync With Samsung Cloud, where you can back up any personal notes.

0 Likes
Eurodjuro
Journeyman
Options

thanks Andrew - I will try that but the phone is set to back up to Google Drive.....

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

As I explained Google Drive doesn't backup Notes.

0 Likes
Eurodjuro
Journeyman
Options

correct - as I am just now finding out!

0 Likes
Eurodjuro
Journeyman
Options

thanks @AndrewL  - there's an option in Samsung Notes to restore from either Samsung Cloud or Google Drive....unluckily I dont have anything backed up to either (as @Pugs1957 has already mentioned google doesn't back this up).

0 Likes