Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I change the mobile number in the About Phone section?

(Topic created on: 19-01-2022 02:20 PM)
Blinkonce
Apprentice
Options
How do I change phone number in the About Phone section of my phone?
12 REPLIES 12
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi
Try clicking on contacts
Click on your photo profile pic
Click on edit
Enter phone number
Save
Go Settings
Check about page
And see if number
Has been added
0 Likes
Blinkonce
Apprentice
Options
Many thanks. Most appreciated.
Blinkonce
Apprentice
Options
I have gone into Contacts, clicked on profile pic and edited my phone number and saved it, but there is a mobile number already on my contact list which i do not know how to delete. I kept my old mobile number when I bought a new Sumsung S20 Ultra and it is the number I chose not to use which is showing on my contact list. Even after adding my mobile number, the contact list is not updating to reflect that.
0 Likes
CarlH
Options

Hi @Blinkonce. As you mentioned you kept your old number, the info shown will be the original number assigned to the SIM (despite you keeping your old number). 

David_1960
Pioneer
Options
@Blinkonce You can change the number stored on your SIM, but only if you can borrow a friend's iPhone. I borrowed my daughters old iPhone to change mine. For some reason Android no longer permits the changing of number. Can't understand why this function was removed.
worthingtonducote
First Poster
Options

So, did that work for you? I tried to do that a couple of times on different contacts, and it just doesn't work. I mean, as soon as I press on save, it tells me everything is fine, but when I check it, nothing changes. I even went to the local store to see if maybe there was a certain problem with this phone, and they also couldn't understand why that was happening. My s20 ultra is probably the worst phone I have ever had. I cannot even receive sms online australia, though I am connected to good wifi with a stable speed and so forth.

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@worthingtonducote: The number shown in Settings > About Phone is automatically generated by the registered SIM card, and cannot be manually changed. On occasion, a read error can cause the wrong number to show here, or it will say 'Unknown' where the number should be populated. I understand that this isn't ideal, however please be assured that it will not affect your network capabilities in any way. 

0 Likes
CJAero
First Poster
Options
Hi I cannot use Samsung chat because of my nunber being incorrect, how can I resolve this?
0 Likes
Galaxy 23
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for your help. I have input my number but can't delete the other so it still shows in About phone.

0 Likes