Did you mean: 

Original topic:

horrendous WiFi

(Topic created on: 17-12-2020 01:38 PM)
Kieronm
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
Just done a software update, I keep mine up to date.  My WiFi starts and stops and despite every device in the house working, full bars, strong network speed, strong internet and WiFi test, strong WiFi tests and connectivity in still getting painfully slow page loads on my Instagram, Chrome, Facebook etc.  It's not tripping to 4g so it just gets stuck with no connectivity.  I rebooted, reset network settings and nothing has improved. Any ideas what the problem is it even better how to solve it?
8 REPLIES 8
Sandee
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
hope you don't mind me following this thread. I'm eager to see what answers you get 😃

I am 2 days in with my Note20 and already asking for a software update, not done it yet as found some glitches and battery life suffers when I used to keep my S10 up to date 🙃
0 Likes
Knightshift76
Voyager
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
it's possibly the phone's proccesor as it's not a flagship model cheaper parts where used so despite having a fast Internet connection the processor has to struggle to keep up with opening the apps.
0 Likes
Knightshift76
Voyager
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
actually disregard that i thought jt was the s20fe model my bad.
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Maker ★
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
Firstly, rebooting your router cures most connectivity issues.
RETIRED
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Hi everyone. We are aware of users experiencing difficulties connecting to the internet via Wi-Fi using access points that use the Broadcom chipset, such as the Galaxy S20 range. Please be assured that we are working hard to create improved performance, with the aim of rolling this out in a software update at a later date. 

In the meantime, please head to Settings > Location > Google Location Accuracy, and toggle this option off, as this has been known to improve performance. Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause you. 

Gavinh
Helping Hand
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
Anyone else getting wifi issues after S20 update ?? 
0 Likes
Kieronm
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
nope done that
0 Likes
Kieronm
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
thanks Andrew. when you spend over £1k on a phone, you kind of expect WiFi to work. it's like buying a fridge that only now and then goes cold