Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Hiya Caller ID and Spam protection doesn't work

(Topic created on: 15-07-2021 01:52 PM)
sophe
Apprentice
Options

I have an S20fe. On my old S8 the spam call screener worked perfectly; on this s20 it doesn't. 

I have obviously turned on the option to "block all calls" but I still get them. 

Any reason why? And anything I can do about it?

I live in Italy. Thanks in advance

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
AndrewL
Options

@sophe: Where did you purchase your Galaxy S20 FE from? It may be the case that it is intended for use outside Italy, which can lead to compatibility issues with some apps and features. Just to double check, please head to the Phone app > Tap the 3 dots in the top right > Settings > Caller ID and Spam Protection > On > Block Spam and Scam Calls > On. 

View solution in context

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
Solution
AndrewL
Options

@sophe: Where did you purchase your Galaxy S20 FE from? It may be the case that it is intended for use outside Italy, which can lead to compatibility issues with some apps and features. Just to double check, please head to the Phone app > Tap the 3 dots in the top right > Settings > Caller ID and Spam Protection > On > Block Spam and Scam Calls > On. 

0 Likes
sophe
Apprentice
Options

Yes, thanks - I found out that my phone was made in Malaysia, so I'm now sending it back and buying the version "italiana". You learn something every day..!