Did you mean: 

Original topic:

hide camera cutout

(Topic created on: 06/12/20 05:10)
Fatal1tyv2
Just Browsing
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
Did the ui 3.0 update remove the ability to hide the front camera cutout? Its not in the full screen apps settings anymore
59 REPLIES 59
BandOfBrothers
Superuser I
Superuser I
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Are you in the Beta testing programme @Fatal1tyv2 to be using Samsung One Ui 3.0 ?

Beta can and will break features as it goes through the different Beta versions. 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G SM-N9860_256Gb SnapDragon 865+

Samsung One Ui 3.1/ Android 11.

0 Likes
JasonMB73
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

I have the EXACT same issue. Received the Android 11 / 3.0 UI upgrade on Thursday. Staring at the now-reappeared front camera cutout on my Samsung Galaxy s20 Ultra. Infuriating as the full screen apps option to hide it, IS in fact gone! 

Farrell458
Observer
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
Are you having any other issues? My phone itself asked me to update it, I assumed it was a normal finished update not a beta version? My phone is now overheating regularly, battery draining, phone restarts itself randomly and drops a call if its longer than 10 minutes 😡
0 Likes
JasonMB73
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Ooo not that I've noticed. Save for additional / quicker battery drain seeming a bit quicker than normal. That and the Sound Assistant is confusing. But that is possibly "user error." 

0 Likes
mav2020
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
I feel for you. I'm in the same position as well. I have tried to enable all 8 ARM cores and disable Power Saving mode. At least it is not shutting off now while charging. Prior to doing that, the s20+ 5G just shut off in the middle of a charge due to overheating.
0 Likes
Farrell458
Observer
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
Since the update on Thursday, whenever I charge mine and go back to it, it says it has restarted at some point
0 Likes
Aumeisters
Pathfinder
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
as far I see beta has officially finished and this ment to be "stable" version but it's clearly worse than when I was in beta testing. Far too rushed release. majority of glitches still there, Google pay cannot be set up, even tho its passing safety net certification. Just big joke not stable version
0 Likes
GreggRN
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

So with all this being said, am I hearing that there is no option at this time to remove the camera cutout as was possible prior to the update?

Fatal1tyv2
Just Browsing
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
No mate. This the the official OTA release on my galaxy S20 Ultra.