Did you mean: 

Original topic:

hide camera cutout

(Topic created on: 04/02/21 20:28)
Fatal1tyv2
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
Did the ui 3.0 update remove the ability to hide the front camera cutout? Its not in the full screen apps settings anymore
59 REPLIES 59
Fatal1tyv2
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
Thanks for responding. I however feel I've done nothing wrong. Telling me I have something wrong with me doesn't sit well with me and has nothing to do with my post. I'm not the only one who feels my post is relevant either judging by the amount of likes / replies
jtoms21
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
Hate the camera hole! ridiculous. Disappointed in Samsung. "people don't use the blocking out feature" my *****!!!
0 Likes
disgruntled_user1
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

I'm really disappointed in this change as well. I would not have updated if I knew this was happening. first the bixby button that no one asked for and now this? I HATE samsung products. I hope you can realize that the decline of your popularity is not due to fierce competition but your own idiocy. I will recommend against Samsung in the future.

0 Likes
amgdja
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
this is so annoying please reinstate
amgdja
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
I've lost predictive texts in emails too so random i wish they would leave it alone but by far the front camera is most annoying it's so ugly maybe it's a scam to make you upgrade phone!
0 Likes
forzali
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
Seriously why would anyone remove "hide front camera" option? Can someone please explain? Who approved this?
Samsung S10+
There is a black hole on my screen all the time!!! Have you ever tried watching something on Netflix full screen? THERE IS A BLACK HOLE!!!
I don't care what it takes but bring back "hide front camera" option!!!
Anyone knows workaround?
0 Likes
GreggRN
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Is this feature working on ANY of the newer phones?

My S9+ with newest updates, still has the feature but my S20+ does not.

0 Likes
bfarber
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

I hope Samsung will think better and go back bringing this option again

0 Likes
Alrighty
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
Can we not raise a group complaint to Samsung regarding this? I too find this very annoying
0 Likes
ejdalise
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

So . . . did a bunch of research and it was really close between getting the S20 FE and an iPhone 11 mini. Two things that swayed me were the little bit of extra screen and the fact you could hide the camera hole (which to me negates the idea of having a full screen in the first place).

Understand, I just bought this phone and got it yesterday. One of the first things I tried was hiding the camera hole . . . after all the updates.

Surprise, surprise! It looks like Samsung wants to imitate Apple's annoying notch . . . only, somehow, the notch is less intrusive than a single black dot away from the bezel.

Guess what I'm now doing? I have 15 days to rethink and re-evaluate the purchase.

Some might say it's crazy (read above) to do so because of a little hole, but don't flatter yourselves . . . the difference between phones these days is not that clear-cut, and the reason I had to get a new phone is that my S8 crapped out (and what a huge headache that was) after three years (the second "high end" Samsung to do so, my Note II being the first). 

No question Apple has the better build, so now, the question is, can I get used to my eye being drawn to the stupid camera hole (ask me how many selfies I've taken, ever . . . two, one with the Note II, one with the S8, both to test the camera).

Now, I know Samsung doesn't give a rat's behind about these complaints, but guess what? It's not just this phone (which is my wife's) . . . it's my Note 8 that I'm looking to replace before it too craps out.

It may just be that as much as it will be a slight hassle, this may sway us to becoming an iPhone family.

I mean, I could do worse . . . I could keep on buying Samsungs and live in fear of them crapping out after a few years (designed to, methinks, because people like new bling) as my eye keeps being drawn to an ugly black hole.

And I know this is wasted breath, but on the remote chance Samsung actually cares, here it is.

Note: I switched off email notifications for replies, but go ahead and rant at the screen if it makes you feel better.

Note 2: If someone from Samsung wants to reply (ha!) . . . you have my contact info

0 Likes