Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Help please - "Google chat" spam

(Topic created on: 21-08-2021 10:13 AM)
Bichinha
First Poster
Options
My s20+ has just updated overnight and now I keep being spammed, literally every couple of minutes, by Google with a "chat features" which pops up on the screen to turn on..... so far I've managed to click "use without chart features" as I do not want or need chat features or rcs or whatever the heck it wants to call itself but the "agree" option is very large and is exactly by where you use your "buttons" by bottom of the screen so chances are most of us will click by error which is frankly... disgraceful. Any suggestions on how to stop this message from appearing? 
I can find options to disable it once you are using it but I don't want to accept it at all... I don't want to give permission for Google to check my contacts for what service they use... 

Any help please?

Go to solution
63 REPLIES 63
salloom
First Poster
Options

Go to this google website, add your number then you will not see this annoying message again. 

https://messages.google.com/disable-chat

0 Likes
Options

This does not solve the problem. Every 375 second the phone hicks: Video view minimises, chat reply dissapears if not sent and so on.

Samsung has admitted this is a bug. The update I got today did not Sölve the problem, though.

0 Likes
Options

Even if you agree your phone is corrupted with this every 375 second popup. (Even if it does not show up it temporarily disrupts whats going on, typing, especially in messenger etc, viewing in full screen, Youtube, Facebook, newspapers etc.

0 Likes
haterakutenliars
Journeyman
Options

Doesn't turn off.  It activates itself again and again and again. It is spam

0 Likes