Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Help please - "Google chat" spam

(Topic created on: 21-08-2021 10:13 AM)
Bichinha
First Poster
Options
My s20+ has just updated overnight and now I keep being spammed, literally every couple of minutes, by Google with a "chat features" which pops up on the screen to turn on..... so far I've managed to click "use without chart features" as I do not want or need chat features or rcs or whatever the heck it wants to call itself but the "agree" option is very large and is exactly by where you use your "buttons" by bottom of the screen so chances are most of us will click by error which is frankly... disgraceful. Any suggestions on how to stop this message from appearing? 
I can find options to disable it once you are using it but I don't want to accept it at all... I don't want to give permission for Google to check my contacts for what service they use... 

Any help please?

Go to solution
63 REPLIES 63
Foffgoogle
Explorer
Options

I am looking for help and you sure didn't give it. Bc just agree to it bc it's a great feature isn't helping anyone. So why are you here?

0 Likes
Laura G
Apprentice
Options

Lol I never said I agreed to anything so not sure what you're talking about. Just cuz what I'm suggesting doesn't work for you doesn't give you the right to be rude. These suggestions have worked for other people. I got it to stop coming up for me so again I'm trying to help others

0 Likes
Foffgoogle
Explorer
Options

Oops I  apologize I must have clicked reply on wrong person. Again very sorry

0 Likes
Foffgoogle
Explorer
Options

Again I apologize I must have replied to wrong person. Thank you for the suggestion bur nope didn't work for me. So sorry about before

0 Likes
Google chat
Student
Options

Please help....why am I getting pop-up on note 20 phone to turn on chat features from google??

Laura G
Apprentice
Options

I'd read through the comments on this page. If none of these work for you then I'm not sure 

0 Likes
Google chat
Student
Options

Getting the same message on my note 20 plus 

domenictroilo99
Apprentice
Options

The solution for me was to install messages from Google I  the playstore as it is not installed by default on the phone.

0 Likes
domenictroilo99
Apprentice
Options

Screenshot_20210901-235418_Google Play Store.jpg

0 Likes
Rapp Calf
First Poster
Options

I got S9, but have the same problem. A workaround that worked for me was entering the storage settings of the Messages app, and choose Clear data. I was first worried my messages would go, but they appeared again after a couple seconds. After doing that, I still get the Chat Features popup when entering the Messages-app, but it hasn't bothered me outside of that since.

If I try entering the Chat settings in the Messages-app, I also get the Chat Features popup. If I decline it from here, I get a connection error notification.

0 Likes