Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Has your S20 Ultra camera glass cracked?

(Topic created on: 28/04/20 17:46)
maverick22
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

It looks like S20U's issues continue to pile on. Now with reports that the xamera glass is shattering for no reason..

https://www.sammobile.com/news/galaxy-s20-ultra-design-flaw-rear-camera-glass-break/

201 REPLIES 201
Dave-S20U
Helping Hand
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
Be more careful and get a lense protector
0 Likes
eljefe0000
Observer
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

I got a s20FE and sure enough my camera has 2 different hairline cracks one on top and one on the bottom case on lens and on phone and same dice different phone.

Rabfly
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
mine cracked first week I had it when it released, has anyone had it repaired??
0 Likes
tvz97
Observer
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Mine cracked as well with no drop or other impact.  Spider crack along the whole piece of glass covering the lenses.  Chatted with Samsung - got the run-around.  Called Samsung and they want me to drive 45 minutes to have me pay for the fix at a licensed repair place.  I hate doing it, but I ordered a replacement part on Amazon and will try to fix it myself.

0 Likes
maverick22
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
I have sold my S20U and moved to the S21U.
0 Likes
salmanshah
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

@maverick22 wrote:

It looks like S20U's issues continue to pile on. Now with reports that the xamera glass is shattering for no reason..

https://www.sammobile.com/news/galaxy-s20-ultra-design-flaw-rear-camera-glass-break/

it's not cracked but it's a way how the design looks like :smiling-face: 

0 Likes
Members_SpcldgX
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Same issue here in the UK. Spider cracking across the camera glass, despite Samsung approved case/screen protector and the phone never been dropped. Looks like cracking is coming from the edge of the camera bump and over a period of days is getting more cracks  with no pressure on it whatsoever.

Tried Samsung support, but just standard response that it is physical damage and not under warranty. How can this be escalated? 

maverick22
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
Gmacc
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Yup mine has developed a hairline crack on the rear camera lense from end to end pity the class action is in the US we need one in the UK

0 Likes
maverick22
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
Yeah sadly this what the US is good at. Less so in the UK. Hopefully whatever the outcome we get an admission and a global fix/compensation.