Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Has your S20 Ultra camera glass cracked?

(Topic created on: 26-08-2020 01:22 PM)
maverick22
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

It looks like S20U's issues continue to pile on. Now with reports that the xamera glass is shattering for no reason..

https://www.sammobile.com/news/galaxy-s20-ultra-design-flaw-rear-camera-glass-break/

201 REPLIES 201
EdwinKiran
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Samsung customer ref. no. **********

0 Likes
Yodanksy
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
Hello, my S20Ultra camera has just cracked and created a hole. I got the phone in May and had no issues. Tonight I was playing a game on my phone then put it down on the sofa to watch TV. when I next picked it up it had a crack in it. I never knew this was an issue with this phone and am.wondering what my next steps are. I think a trip to the Samsung store is needed to see how I proceed or what the costs will be.
0 Likes
Ammo369
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Shattered camera glass no impact. No insurance will cover it. They claim it doesn't interfere with the working of the phone and that it is cosmetic but thats a lie because now my images show shattered lens. Two cracks right across.  Just bought this phone outright over $1500 and all I get is trash.

0 Likes
Members_d944HyH
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

This is exactly the same as mine. I have only had the phone for 3 weeks!! Its been in a protective case since day 1. I have had smart phones from the day dot and I have never cracked a screen. I got into work this morning and thought it was a hair on my camera glass, but its a split!! To say the phone is handled with kids gloves is an understatement.

Traxtar928
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Same problem here... Sudden hairline crack appeared today. Very disappointed. 

Members_xHN3w6O
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

IMG_0007.JPGI've done exactly the same today - picked up the phone and a lovely hairline crack. Hasn't been dropped or abused it almost looks like it's either a pressure or a heat thing. Not even sure about the "scratch" that isn't a scratch at the top edge of the module either - no marks on the glass just looks like delamination. Either way, not impressed. I'm not a fan of Crapple (as I affectionately refer to the popular brand as...) but this is starting to make me wonder if I backed the wrong horse this time round...

TheRubbyDucky
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

I too have have been effected by the camera glass shattering randomly.

My phone was in my pocket and I took it out and just laid it on my dresser charging, 20 minutes later I reach into my pocket and cut my finger on a piece of glass. I had no idea where the glass came from in my pocket but I ended up going out to get my phone and noticed the glass was broke. So I can only assume the glass In my pocket was from the camera lens. I should add that it wasnt a bad cut, I just cleaned it so it stopped bleeding.

received_725691831400033.jpeg

joeyluilam
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

I agree that the two topics should be separated.

Rather than dismissing or discrediting consumer complaints, Samsung should seriously investigate the issue.

This is a premium device after all. Reminds me of Apple's bendgate awhile back.

The main topic about the bullet holes suddenly appearing in the camera is a serious one, looking at the similarities from other consumers. See attachment photo of my device - Samsung S20 Ultra. This has a Samsung protective case since it was bought 29th Nov 2020 and found out the issue 22nd Dec 2020.

I believe there is a manufacturing defect/ design flaw with this model. I'm assuming that the glass was tested prior to manufacturing, this might point to production quality per batch.

This can be traced by getting the data of how many devices are affected by this issue from Samsung Repair Centers globally.

On the issue with hairline cracks, that would also be considered as a design flaw as I'm assuming that pressure tolerance has been considered in the design. It should be expected  that glass will be expose to pressure whether in the pocket or inside the bag of the consumer.

Consumer understand accidental damage such as dropping the phone can only be covered under insurance and not warranty.

20201226_104101.jpg

nikkymorris
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
got an s20 ultra camera lens cracked with a case on with lens cover on just I my pocket there is a fault guys rectify this and make customers trust in your products again my phone is over a thousands pounds
0 Likes
RomanLTU
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

I already paid samsung 60 euro once for camera glass replacement, now it happened again. 😠 😠 😠 😠 😠 

20210104_220626.jpg