Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Has your S20 Ultra camera glass cracked?

(Topic created on: 26-08-2020 01:21 PM)
maverick22
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

It looks like S20U's issues continue to pile on. Now with reports that the xamera glass is shattering for no reason..

https://www.sammobile.com/news/galaxy-s20-ultra-design-flaw-rear-camera-glass-break/

202 REPLIES 202
AndrewL
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

@Members_eVMZ7Qu: Sorry to hear that you have experienced this issue. In order to arrange for the phone to be inspected and repaired, please reach out to our Help Desk via telephone, Live Chat or our Social Media channels using the link below, where an advisor will be on hand to assist you further. 

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/contact/

The assigned engineer will be able to determine if the damage is due to a manufacturing fault, however if it is deemed to be related to physical damage then a charge will be applicable to cover the cost of the service. 

Members_eVMZ7Qu
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

AndrewL

I have already been to one of your expirance stores with a tech appointment 

all they did was take a quick  look over it no inspection said it was physical damage and not covered so my warren they was void 

same actions from the so called manager no inspection Said i had dropped it to cause the damage and not interested in my pointing them to all the posts on your community pages about the issue 

0 Likes
Yarema
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Just happenned out of the blue today, always in protective case, never dropped the phone... 

0 Likes
Members_eVMZ7Qu
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

EE put me on samsung the agent for samsung said it is a known issue and would be repaired FoC 

I called back later when I saw it was goi g to.tne 3rd party repaire store that had been rude to me.

Only to be told it was down as a charitable repaire as the phone had slipped our of my hand.

So samsung emoy liars and con men on their support line and people moan about apple support.

I have been promised calls from complaints and managers but zip  

0 Likes
Members_eVMZ7Qu
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

EE are replacing the as soon as it is swapped out I’ll be taking it back to change for anything other than Samsung 

worst CS I have e er come across at lease EE have good CS 

0 Likes
Maitland
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Had my phone for 8 weeks. Been with Samsung since moving from Apple. The phone went straight into a Spigen good quality case. It would have been remiss of me not to, given the cost of the phone. I was wiping the camera with a Nikon lens cloth when I noticed the crack. All my phones are well looked after, especially this one. To say I am disappointed is an understatement. The phone is being picked up for an inspection. If I have to pay for the repair, then so be it. However, I can assure you I won't be recommending this Samsung to my daughter who is due an upgrade and I will move onto another maker the moment I am able to. It certainly looks as if this is a design flaw with the phone.

0 Likes
RonnieC
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
hairline crack across the glass, didn't even drop the phone
simonds
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Samsung, what are you doing about this?  I am a long-time Samsung user.  This just happened to my 4 month old $1300 phone. If you are not standing behind your products, this will be my last Samsung phone, appliance, tv....EVER.

0 Likes
EdwinKiran
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

My Samsung S20 Ultra camera glass shattered today, without any impact or pressure, very similar to the pic shown in the site https://www.sammobile.com/news/galaxy-s20-ultra-design-flaw-rear-camera-glass-break/

I took it to Samsung Customer Support and they say its not covered under warranty, imagine something that happed for no fault of yours and the company has the audacity to say its not samsung issue. I'm very disappointed and will never ever buy a samsung product again in my life. Samsung grow up and take responsibility for the issues thats happening to your product. This is what differentiates you from Apple.

0 Likes
EdwinKiran
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
0 Likes