Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Has your S20 Ultra camera glass cracked?

(Topic created on: 18/05/20 13:18)
maverick22
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

It looks like S20U's issues continue to pile on. Now with reports that the xamera glass is shattering for no reason..

https://www.sammobile.com/news/galaxy-s20-ultra-design-flaw-rear-camera-glass-break/

192 REPLIES 192
California2020
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Yes! Didn't drop it. It's in a case, and it suddenly has a bullet hole at the lens.IMG_20200516_105448.jpg

0 Likes
Camuz98
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Same issue , it was in my pocket and I put it on the car holder next to the A/C  out and it brakes alone... it never  happens with S1, S2, S3, S5, S7, S9+ . Samsumg you losing me as client and with me, my wife and sons...Same issue , it was in my pocket and I put it on the car holder next to the A/C out and it brakes alone... it never happens with S1, S2, S3, S5, S7, S9+ . Samsumg you losing me as client and with me, my wife and sons...

0 Likes
Duncanantony
Observer
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Yes! Mine has just done it today for absolutely no reason, I have never dropped my phone and had a pre order unit + a case on it! Took a picture, went to zoom in, noticed glare - turn the phone around to wipe the lenz and see about 6 cracks in a random pattern on the lenz. Ridiclious for a £1200 phone. I've always bought every Galaxy- if they don't opt to pay for it I think it'll be my last...

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

@Duncanantony wrote:

Yes! Mine has just done it today for absolutely no reason, I have never dropped my phone and had a pre order unit + a case on it! Took a picture, went to zoom in, noticed glare - turn the phone around to wipe the lenz and see about 6 cracks in a random pattern on the lenz. Ridiclious for a £1200 phone. I've always bought every Galaxy- if they don't opt to pay for it I think it'll be my last...

post a photo, it is the only way to have samsung acknowledge a possible problem

maverick22
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

I think it would be also a good idea to submit these photos to tech journalists as well and post it on twitter. I know its been covered by a few but the more noise we make the better.

This is a scandle. 

Duncanantony
Observer
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

samsung crack.jpg

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

@Duncanantony wrote:

samsung crack.jpg

Damage is contained, do not use the camera and get the back replaced asap, if it cracks more and polverises you will have also to swap camera modules. I advise you to have it replaced asap and the get a camera protector which is also good for stratches, i personally use on my s10plus a g-color glass protector for the camera and they are good but difficoult to find, you should get something similar and a case which remove the camera bumb

0 Likes
maverick22
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

It is crazy how much evidence there is and yet they continue to charge people to fix this design flaw.

0 Likes
Franko274
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

I'm going to have to sell mine, even if I get it fixed can't trust it not to happen again 

0 Likes
baljit_m
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Unfortunately i can say this fault also affects the S20+ model.

The phone has never been dropped or smacked against anything and is in a pretty protective case but my phone also has a near identical bullet hole in the rear camera glass.

Considering i take good care of my phones and have never previously broken a screen, it seems a bit of a poor excuse to simply blame this as user error. WhatsApp Image 2020-05-18 at 17.56.34.jpegWhatsApp Image 2020-05-18 at 17.56.34 (1).jpeg

0 Likes