Did you mean: 

Hands-free usage

(Topic created on: 28-10-2022 06:25 PM)
Mick121
Apprentice
Options
Samsung s20 5G 
Android v12
I would like to use my mobile in my car (mounted in the phone holder, natch) but can't work out hands-free works. Should it be through Bixby, Google or what? I know it must seem obvious but I just can't get my head round it.
Thanks in anticipation. 
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
AndrewL
Options

@Mick121: If you're using your Galaxy S20 for navigation, then please be aware that Google Assistant will launch automatically when you open Google Maps. If you connect to Wi-Fi or Mobile Data > Open Google Maps > Tap your profile in the top right > Settings > Navigation settings > Google Assistant settings > Manage driving mode, then you can explore your available hands free options from here. Let me know how you get on. 

Mick121
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for getting back, Andrew. The problem is that I can get Google to call a number but how (without swiping up the red phone symbol on the phone itself) do you tell it to end the call?

0 Likes
Mick121
Apprentice
Options

...or indeed answer an incoming call by voice?

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Mick121: Typically, you should be able to say 'Hey Google" followed by your command. For instance, "Hey Google, call Sam." 

For incoming calls, Google Assistant should announce the call, and ask you if you want to pick it up. I'm not sure about ending the call, but I'd imagine that 'Hey Google, end call' would do trick. 

For answering calls, you can also try heading to the Phone app > Tap the 3 dots in the top right > Settings > Answering and ending calls > Read caller names aloud > On > Always. 

Let me know if this helps. 

Mick121
Apprentice
Options

Thanks Andrew I'll give that a go though but almost sure I tried the voice command. I'll give feedback.

0 Likes
Mick121
Apprentice
Options

I did the Phone App settings>'Answering and ending calls' but it only works when using Bluetooth or headphones. Also, it would seem that you have to press 'speaker' on the phone to hear the caller. Really wanted the whole thing to be functionally hands-free. Suppose it will have to wait until I get a car with bluetooth but many thanks or your time and assistance.

0 Likes
abdullahkiko
Explorer
Options
I wish the bixby work without Internet connection
0 Likes
Mick121
Apprentice
Options

But surely Bixby works when Data roaming is selected?

0 Likes