Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Google Voice Typing is not working after recent Android update.

(Topic created on: 22-02-2022 03:11 AM)
lemonjoyce
Journeyman
Options

Google Voice Typing is not working after recent Android update.

I use English language on my S20+. Before the update i can use Cantonese on my Google Voice Typing, even my keyboard setting is only set as 'English''.
After the update, the Google Voice Typing can only understand English, I tried to go into the setting, add new language, I cannot see Cantonese as an option anymore.

And if I click ''Default Language'' under Language, Cantonese is shown as an option but there have no 'save' or 'ok' button after I have checked the box. (Please see attached)

271961720_229837542666223_5841620062222898736_n.jpg 271946453_1034863230576799_8993706518926130347_n.jpg No Save or OK buttonNo Save or OK button

I also see that in Setting, Keyboard list and default, have an option ''Google Voice Typing [Legacy], which was not there before the update. (Please see attached).

Please help if you know any solution, I can speak Cantonese, but I cannot type it, so this dictication method is very useful and necessary for me. Thank you.

  271916150_1079275152897688_835401616139226955_n.jpg

53 REPLIES 53
Legaldrew
First Poster
Options

Hi, I tried to enable [legacy] but it doesn't show up on my keyboard list when i look for it when I am trying to use voice in whatsapp. Is there any other way to "enable" it. I also disabled google voice.

0 Likes
Victor0412
Apprentice
Options

I got the same problem after the recent update. The voice typing can only work according to the default language (which i am currently using English) and no option to save or select another language such as Cantonese. 

Before the update it worked perfectly. 

Solution
Noosiekins
Journeyman
Options

I managed to get the old version back! I went into Google play, looked up "Speech Services by Google" Go in there and hit "uninstall". Then hit the ... and from there, un check "enable auto-update".

Restart your phone and the old version of voice typing will come back and the "Legacy" is no longer on the phone :smiling-face:

Hooi
Student
Options

This works great so far

0 Likes
Victor0412
Apprentice
Options

Yes, i just tried it out and now is OK.

Hope the coming updates can fix it in long term. Otherwise the "enable auto-update" will last forever, haha.

0 Likes
vkinhk
Journeyman
Options

Thanks, this worked!

0 Likes
Noosiekins
Journeyman
Options

Here's to hoping fixes come soon! 

0 Likes
pcastro75
Student
Options

Hats off to you!! You are a lifesaver. This worked. Thanks a million

ykbbarry
First Poster
Options

thanks a lot. I spend a lot of time for the same problem. Finally this one work for me.

ktthana
First Poster
Options

@Noosiekins  Thanks a lot. It works. I never think this can be resolved. You are superb!