Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google search problem

(Topic created on: 20-08-2021 01:01 PM)
Sidjames
Journeyman
Options
Wondering if anyone else has this problem and has a fix.
When I type in Google search after I type the 1st letter, there is a delay and new screen pops up before I can finish typing word.
This question has been asked several time in Google community but no real answers have come.

Btw this only happens on this phone all other phones I own don't have this problem.

Thanks
22 REPLIES 22
Sidjames
Journeyman
Options
Yeap 💯 it is.. I got my son to check out with his S20 right next to me and he had the same settings as mine but he had dark mode on and he went through the same process as I would ie; closing the app and turning phone into standby and he the turn screen and and started typing and the problem never happened.
He then switch dark mode off and the problem started.
So I put mine into dark mode and the problem was gone, tried again switching dark mode for and the problem was back.

So now can have battery saver on and it's not the full problem.
Must admit I think with the phones being released so quickly now faults will occur be it software issues or as I'm the camera glass problems with being easy broken are becoming more and more
0 Likes
Kris G
Voyager
Options

I have to disappoint you, Huawei P40Pro, even tho it has that camera sensor that produces false colours quite often, that phone had barely any updates.....bcoz it's working perfectly, it's just Samsung making more problems after updates, other manufacturers fix the problems with updates.

If some of you friends has the P40Pro, ask them if you can play with the phone few minutes, you will see how extreme is the difference in performance, it unlocks 99 times out of 100 tries, and that regardless if face or fingerprint, on top of that, face unlocking works in complete darkness without the screen getting bright and all that at a ridiculous angle of the phone to the face, you just have to look in the direction of the phone and it unlocks. P40Pro would be flawless if it had same 108MP camera sensor as the S20 or S21 series.

Huawei P8, Mate10Pro, P40Pro;
Samsung S20Ultra;
Xiaomi MiNote10;
0 Likes
Ddsk
Student
Options

I have exactly the same problem. My wife and I bought 2 s21s at the same time, 1 has this problem 1 doesn't. 

It's a little annoying for sure.

0 Likes
Ddsk
Student
Options

Turned off power saving  that worked, thanks

0 Likes
Devin2233
First Poster
Options

I fixed the same issue by turning my battery saver off. My initial problem was as soon as I began to type in the google search bar, on my phone, the screen would go black then back to google and finish my search. Not sure if that's your exact issue but that solved mine.

0 Likes
Shellthorn
First Poster
Options

I have the exa t same issue.

BrettK
Student
Options

I had the same issue and tried lots of suggestions. I turned off the power saver and problem solved!!!!

BrettK
Student
Options

Try turning off the power saving feature, its the only thing that worked for my S10

Omerawan
First Poster
Options

just disable the highlighted setting and it wor

Screenshot_20220310-145554_Google.jpg

ks fine.

0 Likes
Burgiox
First Poster
Options
What did you go into to find this option?
0 Likes