Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Play disappeared after reset and can't get it back

(Topic created on: 15-05-2021 08:57 PM)
Beirnz
Journeyman
Options

So I had to reset my phone for one reason or another but when it reset Google Play has disappeared. I've tried everything, downloaded APKs, checked it wasn't disabled but nothing will work, then I went to factory reset again but thats disappeared too, then went to hard reset through recovery mode but the option to hard reset has disappeared too. Need help

9 REPLIES 9
Debbie1986
Explorer
Options
Mine done the same I was told to restart again and it was there hope it works 4 u 2
0 Likes
Beirnz
Journeyman
Options

Unfortunately the option to reboot in Amy form has disappeared too

0 Likes
Beirnz
Journeyman
Options

Tried all that as well

0 Likes
Debbie1986
Explorer
Options
Soz am really not sure why that is hope u get it sorted soon x
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Beirnz: Have you installed any software or apps from unauthorised, third party sites? After resetting your S20, did you register a Google account to the phone at the setup stage, or via Settings > Accounts and Backup > Manage Accounts > Add Account? If you head to Settings > Apps, is the Google Play Store listed here? for your power issues, have you tried swiping from the top of the screen to the bottom, then again to enlarge the Quick Panel, and tapping the power button in the top right corner of the screen? 

Beirnz
Journeyman
Options

Yes Andrew. I have tried to find google play every way possible as I am quite experienced with phones. Factory reset has disappeared from General Management completely and when I put the phone into recovery mode the Hard reset option isn't there either. So strange. I can install the apk for play store but the app will appear or open when install finishes... Weirdest thing that's every happened to me on Samsung

0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Where did you get the Play Store apk from? That may be the issue here, it might not actually be the Play Store but malware or both.
0 Likes
Beirnz
Journeyman
Options

All standard places such as apkmirror and apkpure... It says it installed but when I try to open it I get "No app can perform this action". It's going back to Samsung this week as they couldn't solve it through chat either

0 Likes
Lewis JDC
First Poster
Options

Hey, did you ever find a solution to this?

I've got a similar issue with an A41. Bought it brand new from a third party supplier (shopto.net), and a Samsung firmware update (One UI 3.1) stopped the SIM card from working. After a reset the same thing has happened as what happen to you, Play Store has vanished, as has the ability to reset the phone. Also now the IMEI number has disappeared and i have a useless phone. I've also found that the lock screen settings have disappeared. Its very odd. 

Thanks.

0 Likes