Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Play Books thumbnails

(Topic created on: 08-08-2022 03:08 PM)
Maxvax
Navigator
Options
I have a folder for my reading list that contains thumbnails for each title, selected from the Google Play Books widget menu. Since Android 12, the thumbnails all revert to the default books icon, so I don't know what the book title is. Is this ever going to be fixed? It's been like this for ages

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
AndrewL
Options

@Maxvax: I'm sorry to hear that you have encountered this issue. As a workaround, try removing the existing thumbnails, then head to the Google Play Books app, select the relevant books, and re-add the shortcuts from here. If the issue persists then please send us an Error Report with accompanying System Log Data, and we will be able to look into this in further detail. To do this, please head to the Members app > Get Help > Error Report > Tap 'OK' to send System Log Data > Select the symptom, and include as much detail as possible. To ensure your logs accurately reflect the issue you're experiencing, we'd like you to submit your report within 5 minutes of encountering the problem. Our engineers will then investigate this and respond to you with a solution via the Members app. 

Maxvax
Navigator
Options
If it helps, it seems to change to default icon when mode changes from night to day at preset time
0 Likes
Maxvax
Navigator
Options
I've been adding the thumbnails again and monitoring when they revert back to the default icon. When dark mode is scheduled to turn on, thumbnails don't change. When dark mode is scheduled to turn off, they revert to default every single time.
0 Likes
Maxvax
Navigator
Options
This is still an issue 3 months later. Tech support have been no help after saying they were looking into it and finally suggesting to send the device in for repair when it's clearly a software issue.
Can't believe no one at Samsung is prepared to help. Really disappointing
0 Likes
MickInTheHamlet
Student
Options

Hello,

I've had the same issue for months, first with S22 Ultra and now with S23 Ultra. The only workaround that's been working each time the default book icons keep coming back is to restart the phone.  

I never had this issue work my Galaxy Note 9 and 10+.

Have you found a solution to the issue since the last message you posted here ?

0 Likes
Maxvax
Navigator
Options
No, and Samsung were of no help, despite me submitting several error reports
0 Likes
MickInTheHamlet
Student
Options

Hello,

The language by default of my phone is English US. English UK is number 2 and French is number 3. Something I noticed by chance last week is that when I swap from a language to another language, I get my Google Books thumbnails back instantly. This is a quicker workaround than restarting the phone. Maybe this could work on your phone too