Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google pay

(Topic created on: 02-01-2022 12:15 PM)
Rwatt
Journeyman
Options
I was a member to receive the 4.0 beta software I have now received the official version and its still not letting me use Google pay why is this ? 
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
AndrewL
Options

@Rwatt: What happens when you attempt to use Google Pay? Do you get any error messages? If you head to Settings > Connections > NFC and Contactless Payments > On > Contactless Payments, is Google Pay set as your default payment option? 

0 Likes
Jakaty
Apprentice
Options
@AndrewL: I have the same problem. Checked settings and all looks good. Tried opening Google pay and get a message stating it does not meet security standards (same as before under beta ver). Tried using Google pay after updating to latest android 12 today (non beta) and its still not working. Any ideas on why it still thinks it is not compliant?
0 Likes
Ezii
Explorer
Options
Same, I get this Screenshot_20220102-121425_Google Play services_27173_1641125696.jpg
0 Likes
Rustymoo
Explorer
Options
Hi all, for context.

I too was a beta tester who now has the official stable.

Initially my Google pay wouldn't connect NFC.

However I restarted my phone and cleared cache etc and after a few days, it seems to be working fine.

Maybe with trying all the usuals again?
0 Likes
Richmar83
Helping Hand
Options
I received the same message about security standard when first using it after moving from Beta to official release.
I just forced closed Google Pay and then opened it again. Working as expected now.
0 Likes
Jakaty
Apprentice
Options
Thanks @Rustymoo / @Richmar83 tried both your suggestions and no luck so far. I even tried removing my main payment card and re-adding it. I was also on the beta programme before getting the official version the other day. Gpay seems to think it's still out of sync with official ver (see pic of Gpay contactless settings)Screenshot_20220103-122332_Google Play services.jpg
0 Likes
Jakaty
Apprentice
Options
Good news ... gpay I'd working now and the app is compliant with security. Guess it just took a little while to sync and sort itself out.
0 Likes