Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Global Roaming not working after update - May 2022

(Topic created on: 10-05-2022 07:16 AM)
Tracy Aussie
First Poster
Options

Hi all, 

I'm travelling abroad currently in Europe and have activated global roaming successfully for the past 2 weeks having previously set up with Telstra, my provider in Australia the add on service before leaving. All was working fine until I did the Samsung update 4 days ago. Now every time I leave a wifi zone area I lose access pretty much to everything. 

Comes up as Emergency calls only, no internet and no email. 

I have called my service provider 3 times now and they do the same things each time - tell me to turn on and off, did a master reset of my settings, manually select service providers... I've tried it all. It will sometimes work for around 1 minute after I do this but then drops out again. I really don't know what to do. 

I'm travelling solo for work and really rely on having a phone that works for everything. I also do a lot of hiking and riding so need to be able to make a call to people if by chance something went wrong or I get lost. Just really unnerving to be honest. You don't reliease how much you rely on that little piece of technology in your pocket until it doesn't work. 

Any advice would be welcomed. 

Tracy 

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Unfortunately no network can guarantee that roaming will always work as they have understandably no control over a foreign network @Tracy Aussie 

I'd be surprised if a software update would cause issues like this, unless part of the update involved your networks intervention.

As a process of elimination can you try your sim card in another phone to help rule out the phone, if your phone is unlocked to all Network's. 

It could also be the region your in and the cell masts that maybe having their own issues.

Try manually choosing another network in the phone's settings and then if necessary switch back to the network you usually use.

If all else fails you may need to use a local sim card to remain connected.

I wish you all the best.  :smiling-face: 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Daniel Jun Jian
First Poster
Options

I am having the same issue, but its not the problem of Samsung updates, its the problem of Optus

I tried everything on Optus like you did, but everytime it only connects for one seconds and disconnected, and turning from 4g to 3g+ and keeps repeating

So i purchased a local esim, changed and it worked.

Wasting Aud20 for the 2 week international roaming i bought on Optus.

Attached a photo with an app, Mobimatter, you can find an ESIM package that suits you

Hope this will be helpful for everybody going Europe fro Aus, CHEERS!

Screenshot_20230730_070053_One UI Home.jpg

0 Likes