Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gifts that give back - Galaxy S20 FE (SM-G780G) - False Advertising?

(Topic created on: 19-12-2021 10:56 AM)
jkkc313
Apprentice
Options

So i have purchased a Galaxy S20 FE (SM-G780G) and Galaxy Buds Pro on Samsung.com (UK - employee programme) last week which I understand to be eligble for £100 and £50 cash back + additional £50 for 2 second item totalling of £200 cash back.

However, i have now recieved my products and tried to claim it via their website it does not appear to have the S20 FE on the list. I then looked at the T&Cs and the S20 FE is not on the list for cashback, and only the S20 FE 5G model is. I initially thought i have misread when i brought the item so i went back to the listing page for the S20 FE, it has a massive banner stating that and i quote, "Claim £100 cashback when you buy this product" (see attached screenshot).

I then contacted Samsung via the phone, text and the giftsthatgiveback team and they said they cant do anything and i need to speak to another team and sent me round in circles. I have even provide the link and screenshot to show the £100 offer on the page and they are ignoring my request for support.

So to me, this is either a genuine mistake either on the listing or the promotion T&Cs and at worst false advertising. 

Final word, i have still had any useful response from Samsung to date... The only response i have had are... its not in the promotion, i cant help you or you need to speak to the other team.

Please help a very disappointed customer whom is feeling scammed.image.png

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi
That's odd
As on the offer says upto 24/12/21
Have you checked on
The benefits link to see if anything is showing and the vouchers link
0 Likes
jkkc313
Apprentice
Options

thanks for your reply, i have checked and the S20 FE is not on the list under T&Cs nor on the claim site. The issue is that on the listing site for the product (see image above) it clear states this product is in the offer. 

I dont need the cashback to feed, but i do expect better from Samsung and their promotion partners.

Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
If you bought through the employee program different terms may be available to you. Perhaps you are not eligible because you get favourable terms. You need to check with Samsung if this is the case.
0 Likes
jkkc313
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for your response but the screenshot above is from the employee programme website. if this device is not part of the promotion then the offer should not be present in the website.

latest update - still waiting for response from Samsung

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Ah. Sorry I didn't understand. What you posted is plain as the nose on my face, no ambiguity.
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@jkkc313: I've had a look into this for you, and the Galaxy S20 FE 128GB and 256GB models are both listed in the Eligible Devices list in the terms and conditions. 

Terms - Samsung Promotions

Have you tried to proceed with your claim via the Claim Now button on the website? If so, is it during this process that the S20 FE is not selectable? 

Home - Samsung Promotions

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@jkkc313: My apologies. The offer only appears to apply to the 5G variant (SM-G781B). 

0 Likes
GlennL
First Poster
Options
Can someone give me the website to claim the cashback please?
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@GlennL: No problem. Please click on the link below in order to proceed with your cashback claim on eligible products purchased between 01.12.2021 - 24.12.2021. If you're based in Ireland, tap on the Irish flag in the top right corner. 

Home - Samsung Promotions

0 Likes