Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

gallery layout keeps changing

(Topic created on: 14-10-2021 11:43 AM)
bekkalink
First Poster
Options
The layout in gallery keeps changing if I click in the wrong place. See screenshot. I don't want the side bar of albums showing. I just want to open an album and view its thumbnails.

But I pressed or moved something on the screen and the sidebar pops up again.

How do I get rid of it? It's driving me mad...!
12 REPLIES 12
AndrewL
Options

@bekkalink: If you would like to get rid of the side bar in your Gallery, simply swipe to the left anywhere on the screen. To enable the side bar, swipe to the right. I hope this helps. 

KidMizzle
First Poster
Options

How do we get the sidebar to go away permanently, in previous versions of the gallery when you slid it away, closed and reopened the app the gallery would save the layout without the side panel. Now it returns every time you reopen it and it's super redundant to see your album info in the thumbnails and in the side bat all the time

Kanchana Rajapaksha
First Poster
Options

Thank u very much AndrewL.. Its very helpful me👍😊

0 Likes
Hwalker1
Pathfinder
Options
Most of my images have gone from the gallery app. Luckily if I've saved them to the Google photos app they still appear.
0 Likes
kimtuthap8
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem on my S10e. I can not swipe to the left/ right, please advise!

dd.jpg

0 Likes
rogereanu
Student
Options

This is so useless and no sense. You cant choose multiple files (and do whatever you want with them), if you choose 3 pictures and after that you want to add (to your email or whatever) more pictures from the past, so you need to choose 3 swipe down and choose another...you alwas get that sh***y grpup thing like everyone shows. 

0 Likes
Eccs
First Poster
Options

I have the new S22 Ultra...any idea on how to get the side panel back in gallery? I had it on my Note+, but can't figure it out on the new phone

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Eccs: The side bar is only available when selecting an album from the Albums tab. With this in mind, open an album, then swipe to the right to bring up the side bar, which displays any other albums you may have. 

Eccs
First Poster
Options

I had tried this last night to no avails, but this morning it worked fine! Maybe I was just over tired lol. Thanks!

0 Likes