Did you mean: 

Original topic:

gallery autoplaying videos

(Topic created on: 05/12/20 00:50)
ewy1983
Observer
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
Brand new Samsung s20. Got sent video via WhatsApp and saved as normal in gallery. Went to check in gallery and its autoplaying. Changed settings in video player and there isn't actually a setting to turn it off completely (used to be). Tried turning off autoplay in all other apps and still playing. This didn't do this with old Samsung phone. Anyone have any ideas or are Samsung just being awkward by not allowing us to switch off?

Als
7 REPLIES 7
jeremym7
Just Browsing
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
I see you mention videos, i am not certain of this. But i am very aware and irritated by the auto-playing of motion photos, the short videos attached to photos.
0 Likes
jeremym7
Just Browsing
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
i just checked and yep i have the same thing with videos, as you say. it's extremely annoying. I've posted here once before. I also contacted the developers, (please do the same) and received a response to say it is an intended FEATURE. This is fine on its own but it NEEDS an off setting i agree with you.
ewy1983
Observer
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
How would I be able to contact developers? I've been in chat with Samsung all day about it only for me to realise there actually isn't a feature to turn this off and they couldn't tell me. Very annoying
0 Likes
jeremym7
Just Browsing
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
On the home screen of the members app, press the blue plus and go to error reports that's the only way they'll get the message, officially. It goes straight to developers and they actually replied to me which was decent of them.

Be informative and polite and hopefully they'll fix this glaring problem.
Mitzzz999
Smooth Operator
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
I personally don't mind it but it can be intrusive if you're showing your gallery to someone and don't want parts of a video on display while scrolling through the gallery. I think its a good call to have that on and off gallery autoplay feature in the gallery settings on future updates.
ewy1983
Observer
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
I'll be as polite as can be considering their team had me on chat all day yesterday knowing fine well there wasn't an option to turn this off and at one point suggested I reset my phone! Thank you for the feedback much appreciated
0 Likes
ewy1983
Observer
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
I'm more annoyed that people with little data (for example younger children with maybe 1 or 2 gb data) would be in gallery a lot and therefore, their data would be eaten up just because we can't turn off this feature? Makes no sense
0 Likes