Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gallery and One Drive

(Topic created on: 25-06-2022 10:06 AM)
JvSanten
Pioneer
Options

Hi

In our household we use several Samsung phones (S9, S10, Fold3 and S22) and they all sync they Gallery different to One Drive.

The S9 and S10 do sync all Camera photos and videos to One Drive immediately and I can access them on my laptop in the One Drive > Camera Album folder. If I delete a photo or picture from that folder the item is only deleted from One Drive but remains in the phone Album

The Fold syncs all photos and videos to One Drive but on the laptop every item appears twice: in the folder One Drive > Camera Album and in the folder One Drive > Samsung Gallery > DCIM. If I delete the item in the Camera Album it remains on the phone, if I delete it from the folder One Drive > Samsung Gallery > DCIM it is deleted from the phone as well

On the S22 the photos and videos are synced to One Drive (but not continiously, it looks like the sync is only triggered a few times a day) and in One Drive the items are in the folder One Drive > Samsung Gallery > DCIM. Here again if I delete an item from the DCIM folder in One Drive the item is also deleted from my phone.

I double checked all settings and they are the same on all four Samsung phones.

Any idea why the behaviour is different?

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
Fantastic
Pathfinder
Options
You can see them in onedrive on your computer and also when delet an image it will show you that it is also delet it from onedrive too
0 Likes
Ventor
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@JvSanten hello, it is possible that in the S9 and S10, you have saved the same photos in another album, that is not in the internal memory, it is in the SD card. The synchronization does not work with albums in the external memory. ¿?

"The quieter you become-the more you are able to hear..."

0 Likes
JvSanten
Pioneer
Options

@Ventor  no, none of the phones have an SD card inserted and use the default storage location of the camera app

Ventor
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@JvSanten ....and if you restart the devices, the photos remain?

"The quieter you become-the more you are able to hear..."

0 Likes
JvSanten
Pioneer
Options

@Ventor thanks for your reply but restart doesnt help, same behaviour as described in my first message. 

JvSanten
Pioneer
Options

@Fantastic  yes, and that is different then on de S9 and 10; there i can delete them from my laptops One drive folder (One Drive > Camera Album) but it remains on the phone. The Fold syncs the items twice; in One Drive I find them in One Drive > Camera Album and One Drive > Samsung Gallery > DCIM. If deleted from One Drive > Samsung Gallery > DCIM the item is also deleted from the phone, if deleted from One Drive > Camera Album the item remains on the phone 

0 Likes
Fantastic
Pathfinder
Options
Yes but what you do have keep in mind that if you delete it from the computer it will sync it to your phones
0 Likes
JvSanten
Pioneer
Options

Like explained, the behaviour is different on the several phones and for example deleting from One Drive > Camera Album does NOT delete it from the Fold. Deleting from One Drive > Samsung Gallery > DCIM does delete in from the Fold. Why is it stored in two folders and why is the behaviour in the sync between the devices different while the settings are the same?

0 Likes