Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S20 Ultra update (Android 12 one ui 4.0 PROBLEM)

(Topic created on: 26-01-2022 12:46 PM)
Azharhussain
Apprentice
Options
Hello, messaging from UK. Just updated my phone yesterday to android 12 - 4.0 and straight away I am experiencing major problems. I cannot use the top of my screen on portrait mode. It does not let me tap on search bar on whatever app I am on. So there must be an issue with the touch screen due to the new update. Furthermore, my phone seems slow on 120 refresh rate which was not like this on android 11. I have gone into boot mode and cleared cache. All my apps are up to date. Is there any solution to this update issue or do I need to just sit back & wait for Samsung to roll out an update fix? 
35 REPLIES 35
BenBazz
First Poster
Options

You are an absolute star for working this out.

Thank you so much for sharing your solution which worked for me.

0 Likes
umieram
First Poster
Options

Hi,

My phone updated at the beginning of January and then again on the 17th. Ever since then it's slow and sluggish, apps take ages to open and sometimes they don't open at all. Fingerprint and face recognition fail more often than before (face recognition hardly works at all). I have cleared the cache yesterday in hope it'll fix things and it did not.

Don't seem t be able to find much on the net in terms of how to fix this...

Have you had any more luck?

0 Likes
Dufflebag
First Poster
Options

Another one here for top part of my screen not working.    I can't use anything!!  Where do we find the Samsung Report that others have used to determine if there are conflicts with Apps?   Even in safe mode, I still can't use the top part of my screen.   

Thank you in advance for any help.

ninulj
Student
Options

I had the same issue as @Azharhussain on my S10 after the update, disabling Energy Bar made the top part of the screen usable again. Safe mode also worked.

0 Likes
MikhailCompo
Apprentice
Options

You DON'T want it yet, it's not ready for use, it's the worst Android upgrade I've experienced, even after a reset.

0 Likes
P_Flor_1
Student
Options

Galaxy S20 touchscreen unresponsive after Android 12 update. I'm able to swipe down from top of screen  to get to quick settings. And I can access the 3 -button navigation at bottom of screen. But middle of screen is unresponsive. I can't access anything from home screen or swipe left/right from home screen. When I'm in the Settings screen I can navigate through all menus and sub-menus so I know the screen works. If I restart by pressing the off/on button and down volume,  then everything works for about a minute, then screen is unresponsive again. This is how I'm able to get to the settings screen.

0 Likes