Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S20 Ultra update (Android 12 one ui 4.0 PROBLEM)

(Topic created on: 02-01-2022 06:52 PM)
Azharhussain
Apprentice
Options
Hello, messaging from UK. Just updated my phone yesterday to android 12 - 4.0 and straight away I am experiencing major problems. I cannot use the top of my screen on portrait mode. It does not let me tap on search bar on whatever app I am on. So there must be an issue with the touch screen due to the new update. Furthermore, my phone seems slow on 120 refresh rate which was not like this on android 11. I have gone into boot mode and cleared cache. All my apps are up to date. Is there any solution to this update issue or do I need to just sit back & wait for Samsung to roll out an update fix? 
35 REPLIES 35
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
I haven't yet. I will give them a few days, if not, then I will contact them.
0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
What mobile provider are you with?
leicesterMan
Troubleshooter
Options
Its unlocked, but with giff gaff and second sim is EE
0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Okay, because I am with 3, and haven't got the update yet
0 Likes
leicesterMan
Troubleshooter
Options
I was surprised when I got an update on 31st December, as the roll out is scheduled for some time in January 2022 , I never got a December security update, it was bundled with android 12 , so people who got December security update start of December, will probably get android 12 sometime in January
0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Are you still on the November security patch?
0 Likes
Logan04
Pioneer
Options
Yes 5th of November
0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Do you have the SM-G988B?
0 Likes
Logan04
Pioneer
Options
Yes i do.
0 Likes
Azharhussain
Apprentice
Options
So update to my comment I made. I was really stressing myself out to find out what was causing the issue after the android 12 update. Before I reset my phone, I decided to check on last time on (Device care) to spot anything unusual that might give me an idea. I then found a field where Samsung showed apps that crashed so I checked that and I realised that there was an app that I constantly use (energy bar) that only started crashing after the update. So I turned that specific app off, restarted my phone & boom it all works again. Thanks to Samsung's UI/ Crash report for helping me to find out what the problem was!