Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S20 Ultra keeps "restarting" at 00:20 every day

(Topic created on: 30-03-2022 05:43 AM)
Kr1ska7a
Student
Options

Hi,

I have Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra. it started several months ago and I don't know why.

It doesn't look like a full restart. I just see white screen and then lock screen again. Normally if I restart it, I see samsung logo/provider logo/knox secure logo.

-Phone has done it even on charge.

I have read about trying to figure out which app might trigger it, but the phone does not look like it is restarting....the time is literally 5s.

Any ideas? 

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Please ensure your phone's software and apps in the Playstore and Galaxy Store are updated @Kr1ska7a 

Assuming you don't have the Auto Restart turned On I would first try Safe Mode to see if the issue stops when in that mode.

If it does then an app or theme you've downloaded is causing issues.

It's then a process of coming out of Safe Mode and then deleting your downloaded apps one at a time until it stops.

If it continues in Safe Mode then clear the phone's system cache files partition.

And you can run a diagnostic test via your Samsung Members app under the GetHelp section.

If that does not help then the next step coukd be a factory reset.

> https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/ You may need to hook up to a Computer or insert your earphones to enter into recovery mode. 

> https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-start-my-galaxy-device-in-safe-mode/ will help to highlight if an app or theme etc is potentially causing issues. 

Finally a Samsung Service Centre can check out the phone.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Try going into settings
Battery and device care
Tap on the three dots top right
Go into Automation
Is Auto Restart at Set Times on
If it is you can turn it off
Or you can tap on the writing part and select when you prefer it to restart
Kr1ska7a
Student
Options

Hi, this is off 100%

0 Likes
kam2005
Apprentice
Options
I have same issue with samsung s20 5g from the error reports samsung know this is a hardware problem so factory reset or software update will not fix issue.Other people also have this issue, unacceptable for a relatively new phone to have hardware problems. Samsung don't care about taking your money £700 there should be a recall or fix free of charge.
0 Likes
Kr1ska7a
Student
Options
I think i found the reason.

I used to use my phone for tethering non-stop. Guess it was overheating.

It hasn't happened since i stopped using it as a router, lol.

Although it was a weirdly quick restart
0 Likes