Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy S20 Ultra and rSAP - 5G SIM (o2 uk) does it work?

(Topic created on: 20-09-2020 05:34 PM)
shuntfield
Journeyman
Options

Hello Everyone
I have a S20 Ultra, and my car uses rSAP (Remote SIM Access Profile) to connect to it via bluetooth. The SIM I have from O2 is a 4G sim.

I tried a few weeks ago an eSIM from O2 and it deesn't allow the rSAP functionality to operate in my Audi, only a physical SIM will.

As this is important and crucial that the rSAP works, can anyone confirm that a 5G SIM, and specifically an O2 UK 5G sim will work with the rSAP function in the phone/car. I am considering upgrading my contract, but don't want to if the rSAP does not work.

I'm not wanting to know if 5G will work in the car (the car needs to have a 5G cellular interface to do so which it doesn't have), I just want to know if the 5G sim will operate fine on 2,3,4G networks in rSAP mode in the S20 on O2.

Thanks any confirmation appreciated.

Shunts...

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
Krobar
Apprentice
Options

I know this reply is a bit late but an S20+ with a Vodafone 5G sim worked with my Porsche PCM 3.1 RSAP.

urgiv
Journeyman
Options

Yes with normal SIM but with eSIM rsap not work shame

Solution
shuntfield
Journeyman
Options

Hello everyon

Yes, I have tried this now.

It works with a 5G SIM but not an eSIM.

There can also be problems however if you SIM isn't provisioned correctly with your service provider, where upon disconnecting from the car, your phone won't connect to 3G until an IMSI handshake has completed (turn phone off or eject and reinsert SIM)

But 5G SIM works fine.

Shunts...

0 Likes
LCLERC69
Journeyman
Options

i have a korean version SM-G988N and RSAP are NOT working at all 

do you have a solution ?

i have android 11on S20ultra and S10+ and only the S10+ work... it's sad to have a new phone  who can do less than the old one

0 Likes
shuntfield
Journeyman
Options
Are you pairing from the car to the phone not the phone to the car?
Also make sure SIM cards is allowed in the phones Bluetooth settings
0 Likes
LCLERC69
Journeyman
Options

hi 

from the car

i don't understand make sure SIM cards is allowed in the phones Bluetooth settings

0 Likes
Oggy67
First Poster
Options
I had no problem setting up my s20 plus on my Audi MMI which requires rSAP. Phone connected in "remote SIM" mode and everything works.
0 Likes
LCLERC69
Journeyman
Options

yes if you buy an europeen one non pb if you buy a korean one you cannot do it 

0 Likes
LCLERC69
Journeyman
Options

a53 work well 

S21 ultra work well too in rsap but only europeen one

0 Likes