Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S20 Telephoto

(Topic created on: 12-07-2021 02:38 PM)
frozenpeas
First Poster
Options

Recently, I'm having problems with telephoto images being misty. The wide and normal view are fine. However, when I zoom in or use the default zoom icon the image gets all misty. No moisture is on the lens.

Any ideas ?

Thanks

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hey @frozenpeas ,

how strange! Is the same thing happening if you try to take a picture using this lens from a different app, for example, WhatsApp? Are you able to share an example of this here?

0 Likes
frozenpeas
First Poster
Options

"PHOTO" mode default app

• 0.5x = OK
  • 1.0x = OK
  • 3.0x = Misty
  • Pinch zoom works up until 1.9x and after this (2.0x) it gets misty

"PRO" mode default app

No sign of mist even when zooming in.

"VIDEO" mode default app

Same as "PHOTO" i.e. zoom gets misty at anything over 2.0x

I've not tried it in any other apps. Don't use Whatsapp sorry.

Will post some example pictures shortly. Thanks

0 Likes
frozenpeas
First Poster
Options

20210712_160137.jpg20210712_160141.jpg20210712_160146.jpg

0 Likes
frozenpeas
First Poster
Options

20210712_155039.jpg20210712_155043.jpg20210712_155046.jpg

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Thanks for that @frozenpeas . Would you be able to capture any similar images using any other app? Are you using a case on the phone or a camera protector?

Would you also be able to run the following test and let us know the results? Head into the Samsung Members app> Get help> Interactive checks> Camera. 

0 Likes
frozenpeas
First Poster
Options

Took some pictures with the eBay app and this allows me to "zoom" although I'm not sure it is actually zooming in - it appears to be just enlarging the picture as the quality drops badly. There is no misting.

Downloaded the Samsung Members app and not much help there sorry. It doesn't let me zoom and you hardly get a chance to view the pictures. This is no misting.

So hardly a real test. Perhaps I will try another photography app.

0 Likes
frozenpeas
First Poster
Options

Tried the Adobe Lightroom app which has camera functionality. No misting and zoomed in up to 500% (whatever that means).

I'm not sure it's possible to compare photos from other apps to the Samsung camera app as we do not know if the non native apps are actually utilising the different S20 lenses or whether they are just enlarging the picture (zooming in).

Looking at the Lightroom photographs it appears to be enlarging pictures and not true zoom as they appear very pixelated.

What can I try next ?

0 Likes