Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Galaxy s20 selfie camera brightening up too much in "Low light"

(Topic created on: 30/04/20 02:46)
MaherM
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Hello i have a suggestion for the front selfie camera on the s20, it's pretty good but i have a problem with it always brightening up the scene in a (almost) low light senario (it looks normal before capturing the photo but when you preview the photo after taking it there is a significant  Difference as it's way brighter and it rarely looks good) sometimes we want to take a dark photo meaning we like the way it looks with the shadows and everything and always brightening up the photo can be a lot of the times unwanted and unpleasing (the instagram camera also does that i think that it adapted that from the main camera software) i really think there should be an option for if we want a brighter photo or not and not always brightening it up automatically. Thank you. (Hope this post gets samsung's attention)

4 REPLIES 4
Punan
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

It's annoying how limited they make their software, this is supposed to be Android, not iOS! Before taking a selfie, if the camera notices a face it brightens everything up, give us the option to turn that off please! Not all skin tones are the same and your algorithm isn't smart enough to pick the best lightning for my face, can I decide if I want my face brightened or not? Please? Samsung?

jjusty
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

I agree! personally, I find it really annoying and I don't understand how it makes the photo look good. Most of the time, there is too much overexposure and it does this on my snapchat camera as well.  the kind of photos I like to take are at night but now they never turn out how i want them to.  please samsung give us the option to turn off the autobrightening!! 

MatteGrimm
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

I find this to be insanely annoying, and quite literally ruining my experience with the phone [s20+] I love the preview. The photo? Never.

0 Likes
mayajovano
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
this is literally the bane of my life PLEASE get it fixed
0 Likes