Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S20 random restarts

(Topic created on: 12-08-2022 05:09 PM)
gman31073
Apprentice
Options
Since Sunday morning my Galaxy S20 restarts randomly for no apparent reason. There is no pattern to it happening, could be in the morning, afternoon or night, sometimes once in the day, sometimes up to 5 times. Anyone else experienced this and know it there's a fix? 
0 Likes
25 REPLIES 25
Lukea12w9w
Journeyman
Options
Is it still doing it i took mine to a local phone shop the wipped the phone but still its happening
0 Likes
gman31073
Apprentice
Options
Hasn't done it in a few hours now, but as it's random it can happen at any time.
0 Likes
Lukea12w9w
Journeyman
Options
Yeah its the same as mine think its a sofware problem as it can not happen one day and then the next day it can do it over 6 times i reoorted the restaet to samsung lets see if they fix it
0 Likes
Lukea12w9w
Journeyman
Options
I called samsung and gotta send it into them to be looked at
0 Likes
gman31073
Apprentice
Options
I'm taking mine into the shop I got it from tomorrow and will see what they say. Phone is still in contract so they'll need to repair or replace it.
0 Likes
Lukea12w9w
Journeyman
Options
Sending mine in the morning aim to have it back by wednesday
0 Likes
Lukea12w9w
Journeyman
Options
Any new samsung sent out a tech and mine is still doing it after a board replacement
0 Likes
gman31073
Apprentice
Options
That's not good. I'd be asking them for a new phone if they're not able to sort your problem. I took mine back to my local Vodafone store on Saturday, they did another factory reset and did a diagnostic. Said they couldn't find anything wrong. My phone still restarts but only once a day now and at about 11 pm so not really causing much issue. I still have my old phone so I probably will send this one back to Samsung for inspection and if they can't fix the fault I'll be asking for a new handset.
0 Likes
Lukea12w9w
Journeyman
Options
They told me if it happens again id get a new phone but not until its been sent to them and 3-5 days for a new phone
0 Likes
Lukea12w9w
Journeyman
Options
Just got off the phone with samsung got to send my phone in and there sending a like for like phone to me thursday or friday