Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S20 random restarts

(Topic created on: 09-08-2022 09:07 PM)
gman31073
Apprentice
Options
Since Sunday morning my Galaxy S20 restarts randomly for no apparent reason. There is no pattern to it happening, could be in the morning, afternoon or night, sometimes once in the day, sometimes up to 5 times. Anyone else experienced this and know it there's a fix? 
0 Likes
25 REPLIES 25
Ledgend
Journeyman
Options
On Your S20 Have you enabled 'Auto Restart at times' if you have Disable that Option.
0 Likes
gman31073
Apprentice
Options
No, it's still turned off .
0 Likes
Ledgend
Journeyman
Options
I would say you should repair your phone to help solve this issue
Bigtasty65
Hotshot
Options
Have you downloaded a new app lately? Random restarts can be triggered by a rogue app on occasion.
0 Likes
gman31073
Apprentice
Options
No new apps, have even done a factory reset and still restarts itself .
0 Likes
Bigtasty65
Hotshot
Options
That's not good news if you've performed a factory reset and it still occurs. Did the phone switch off, because the battery had run out of power, during the installation of a phone software update?
That happened to me once and corrupted the software causing restarts.
If it did, or didn't, I'd suggest getting the phone repaired at a Samsung store or good phone shop. They'd be able to wipe the phone clean and install the original software.
0 Likes
gman31073
Apprentice
Options
Cheers for the feedback. Think I'll be contacting Samsung tomorrow to see what they say. Maybe have to take the phone back to the Vodafone shop and get their take on it too.
0 Likes
Lukea12w9w
Journeyman
Options
Did you get this issue resolved my s21 ultra keeps doing the same
gman31073
Apprentice
Options
No, not yet. Will need to speak to Samsung or Vodafone tomorrow and see what they say.
0 Likes