Original topic:

Galaxy S20 Plus HDR issue

(Topic created on: 11/04/21 13:36)
Shamrock_Sean
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Hello

I have just upgraded to a shiny new S20 Plus and love it!! I have just one issue with the camera. On previous Samsung phones in settings i recall you could toggle HDR auto/off or Always Apply. But on S20 Plus it is just auto only now. I find this rather frustrating and wonder if it is a bug. I ask because my friends Note 10 Plus is able to apply always HDR but mine doesn't. Is this a bug in software or is it the new way Samsung does HDR as only Auto?? It is frustrating because i have noticed on S20 Plus HDR does not often kick in much. If it's a bug then can it be passed onto tech team??

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Paul_Iddon
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

This Sean?This Sean?

0 Likes
Shamrock_Sean
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
Yes that's it and used to be able to click on it and toggle it to always apply but not anymore
0 Likes
MrinmoyS20Plus
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
this is really frustrating. #samsung can we please have an update to get the HDR always on?
0 Likes
Digitai
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Well...
The HDR? 
IS ALWAYS ON !!!!
Even if you set it to OFF
It's So F**king annoying!
I'm so frustrating from my S20+, and as a photographer, the camera issues are made me think twice about stays with Samsung...

Eneen
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Yes, same here with S20+, after fresh updates. Have you tried to report this bug using Samsung tool?

64MP sensor and Pro modes are working ok, but pro mode is lacking dynamic range in highlights (probably different curve applied) and I can't use "tele".

Looks like this bug haven't been fixed since almost a year. This only makes me feel like this is my last Samsung phone as chances to get a fix are very low.

0 Likes