Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S20 - Phone's been having problems after Android 12 update

(Topic created on: 24-01-2022 09:29 AM)
Members_36gjknU
Journeyman
Options

Hello,

I've been experiencing various problems since I updated my S20 to Android 12 last week. The phone randomly restarts itself all of a sudden, happened to me twice just by turning on flashlight or while scrolling social media. There are also cases where after the phone auto-restarts itself it doesn't let me into my locked app folder even with the right password, the only way to bypass this is by restarting the phone myself and then it works just fine with the same password it just declined. I've tried cleaning cache, just generally restarting the phone, and re-installing apps (Instagram for example logs me out every few hours out of my accounts). Did anyone else experience these issues? Have you found some solution? Will there be some hotfix?

34 REPLIES 34
Tony951951
First Poster
Options

What is your Software Version for this specific update if you don't mine me asking? I am very scared to update bc I don't wanna lose my files and I just wanna compare yours to the version of the update I have downloaded but not installed. 

0 Likes
pfb201
Pioneer
Options

I hadn't noticed an issue until recently but the phone is really not playing well with wireless networks at all. I've got a Mac, iPhone, older Samsung tablet and a variety of other PCs and they are all connected stable at 300+Mbps and the phone can barely manage 50Mbps and latency/jitter spikes all over the place.

Wife's phone (S10) on OneUI 4 (Android 12) is also exactly the same so it's not the wireless AP equipment we have.

Please can CS stop telling us to clear RAM and storage, this is obviously a firmware/modem chipset issue in the latest release so it needs fixing.

0 Likes
kit_moo
First Poster
Options

Having same issue on my s20+. Any idea when this will be resolved by Samsung? Heard the Feb update has helped some but not available in SA aa yet

0 Likes
pfb201
Pioneer
Options

So interesting update, had the mainboard and sensors replaced which meant it downgraded. Great wifi quality on the old software (circa 1.1Gbps on 5Ghz) but straight after the upgrade down to 200Mbps and sticking to 2.4. Something's been borked with the modem settings in either the One UI 4 or 4.1 upgrade. Anyone from Samsung want to chime in here?

0 Likes
albrich
First Poster
Options

I
0 Likes