Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S20 - Phone's been having problems after Android 12 update

(Topic created on: 24-01-2022 09:29 AM)
Members_36gjknU
Journeyman
Options

Hello,

I've been experiencing various problems since I updated my S20 to Android 12 last week. The phone randomly restarts itself all of a sudden, happened to me twice just by turning on flashlight or while scrolling social media. There are also cases where after the phone auto-restarts itself it doesn't let me into my locked app folder even with the right password, the only way to bypass this is by restarting the phone myself and then it works just fine with the same password it just declined. I've tried cleaning cache, just generally restarting the phone, and re-installing apps (Instagram for example logs me out every few hours out of my accounts). Did anyone else experience these issues? Have you found some solution? Will there be some hotfix?

34 REPLIES 34
RelaxationNL
Apprentice
Options

same issue, s20 plus

Members_CNP7Nyq
Journeyman
Options

I have an S20+ with exactly the same error. Unfortunately, I don't understand how Samsung can release software that is so buggy.

0 Likes
RelaxationNL
Apprentice
Options

No it's really bad. I did however installed an update Today, security update February. I was having issues with several apps in the notification center, looks like the update solved this. Also the phone did not reset automatically yet.

0 Likes
manuelv07
First Poster
Options

Exactly the same issues with my S20+

0 Likes
Members_36gjknU
Journeyman
Options

Yes, the February security update was larger than it usually is, and also "Stability improvements" was a part of the description. This seems to have helped me, so far it also hasn't auto-restarted ever since I installed it the other day.

Howgen
Apprentice
Options

Hello everyone,

I want to know whether anyone has similar issues like mine after updating to One UI4.0.
I have been experiencing super annoying issues like randomly my WhatsApp/Instagram/other apps (happen to be random) would not open as it stuck in the splash screen. My Whatsapp will show 'Checking new messages". I can make them work normally after restarting my phone, but it keeps happening at random times.  I did clear the cache, reinstall the app, and clear data, but the issue still persists. This is super annoying because I need to keep restarting my phone in order to use my phone.

Does anyone manage to solve this issue ?  Or its the firmware that I just have to wait for the next update ? 😞

I am using S20+

0 Likes
ahmednabil950
First Poster
Options

The auto restart problems is happening to me randomly and it happened many times since last update of android 12

0 Likes
RelaxationNL
Apprentice
Options

February update fixed this for me and others

0 Likes
Howgen
Apprentice
Options

In my case, I need to manually restart in order for me to use it back. I didn't encounter autorestart. I guess there is nothing I can do now rather than waiting for February update. Thanks everyone.

0 Likes
Members_CNP7Nyq
Journeyman
Options

Does anyone have any idea when the February update is expected for Deutsche Telekom customers in Germany?