Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S20 - Phone's been having problems after Android 12 update

(Topic created on: 24-01-2022 09:29 AM)
Members_36gjknU
Journeyman
Options

Hello,

I've been experiencing various problems since I updated my S20 to Android 12 last week. The phone randomly restarts itself all of a sudden, happened to me twice just by turning on flashlight or while scrolling social media. There are also cases where after the phone auto-restarts itself it doesn't let me into my locked app folder even with the right password, the only way to bypass this is by restarting the phone myself and then it works just fine with the same password it just declined. I've tried cleaning cache, just generally restarting the phone, and re-installing apps (Instagram for example logs me out every few hours out of my accounts). Did anyone else experience these issues? Have you found some solution? Will there be some hotfix?

34 REPLIES 34
kz66
Explorer
Options
Yeah my banking apps have no biometrics now occasionally it will pop up and I've just checked the secure folder and it done the same thing as you said incorrect pin then accepted the same pin
Hopefully Samsung do something about this ASAP as its not right...
3 times mines restarted today from around half 8 onwards
Members_36gjknU
Journeyman
Options

It is pure pain, mine restarted just now back to back just because I opened my Gallery and then went into multitasking. I had hoped someone from Samsung would already reply to this thread and acknowledge the 'gravity' of the situation but seems like that's not the reality.

kz66
Explorer
Options
Nope no replies I just keep getting told to send error reports everytime it happens they must have how many haha but still no help being offered
kz66
Explorer
Options
Just had this pop up now not sure about it after all the trouble with the last one haha but what's the worse that can happen 🤣Screenshot_20220125-182341_Software update.jpg
0 Likes
Members_b2sgy9J
Pioneer
Options

I had this as well and none of my issues fixed. Today the phone restarted again when I was trying to open an Instagram notification... 

0 Likes
kz66
Explorer
Options
Great so no change then... that's the response I got after sending the error report to Samsung Screenshot_20220125-184959_Samsung Members_37945_1643136650.jpg
0 Likes
Members_b2sgy9J
Pioneer
Options

Good. For me they suggested a factory reset of course. Keep up updated! 

0 Likes
kz66
Explorer
Options
Will do... they did try that with me but I told them I've done it and I won't be doing it again haha hopefully they get back to me soon
card009
First Poster
Options

my phone restarted to the samsung logo while being idle, first time happend.

0 Likes
kz66
Explorer
Options
Just recieved this today 🙈 great help not Screenshot_20220129-130949_Samsung Members_38065_1643461831.jpg
0 Likes