Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Galaxy S20 Going Into Mute or Silent Mode Automatically

(Topic created on: 23/07/20 17:06)
neilf34
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

My Samsung Galaxy S20 5G keeps going into mute or silent mode randomly. I miss phone calls etc.

Tried do not disturb options but the phone keeps randomly turning off the sound so I miss incoming calls.

33 REPLIES 33
thatsteampunkguy
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

There is a bixby routine, but you can't disable it because it will automatically reactivate itself.   You have to go through and change what the routine does to match what you already have so that you aren't aware of the change.  

0 Likes
lynnp06
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
bixby was the culprit for making my fone go into silent mode
0 Likes
lynnp06
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
worked for me thanks
0 Likes
Sgorjski
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

I don't even have Bixby enabled, so I'm not sure if this is what's causing the issue....

0 Likes
Deejay007
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
i got same problem going silent mood
Members_fSZvPSC
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Just removed all the permissions I could from Bixby. Unfortunately it's not able to disable some permissions which I'll try to find another way to try and kill the most annoying assistant in the universe. Can Samsung please stop kicking this dead horse and just accept the Google assistant? 

KevinDublin
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

My S20F is the same. I put it down and it mutes, but it also Automatically turns my Wifi on also.

spicedog
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
go on bixby routines and remove allow system.changes
AzadRobertson
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
hey there. you could try going into do not disturb and check for rules or schedules. you could also try looking at assistant routines or even calendar. I'm not samsung but I hope this solves the problem.
0 Likes
AzadRobertson
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
I think you can disable Bixby or not even set it up. I haven't I use google instead.
0 Likes