Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Galaxy S20 FE heating issue

(Topic created on: 04-10-2020 12:05 AM)
GalaxyS20FE
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

I bought Galaxy S20 FE 4G today. The phone seems to be heating up a lot during charging and while  setting up with Google account and downloading all the apps.  Is this a normal behaviour of the processor?  Observing this heating issue while downloading an app from playstore.  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I saw a lot of responses to my post and really feel sorry for those who shelled money to buy this ***** handset. In fact i swear i will never buy a Samsung smartphone. Their after sales service is pathetic. I posted in FB community and someone responded and asked me few questions, provided suggestions to restart phone in safe mode and share the screen shot. After a few days, the response dried up and finally stopped. Long story short i sold the handset and bought iPhone 11. Utterly pleased I am back with Apple as a redemption to the mistake committed to try out Android.  Samsung should hang their head in shame on this handset. 

35 REPLIES 35
SSSingh
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Even I have the same heating and throttling issue, I cant even use my phone for normal things it gets so hot. PLEASE SAMSUNG PROVIDE US A SOLUTION AND KEEP US WITH YOU OR LOSE YOUR LOYAL CUSTOMERS 

THANKS

Shadaab Khan
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

switch off the mobile data... wait for 10 to 15 minutes (or until phone has cooled down enough).. switch on mobile data.. this will solve the issue.... until the phone starts reheating again...which usually happens to me.... so this is not a permanent solution and samsung need to address it ASAP in an update or something. 

Amit panjwani
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

I bought S20 Fe 4g yesterday and since day 1 i am facing tje same problem heating and battery draining quickly. I am a loyal customer of Samsung and using their ohones feom many years have never faces this issue in any of there phones but facing in this phone. 

DFPatron
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Hi. Just had the same issue. Did the phone calm down after that - or did it cause problems? Many thanks.

0 Likes
Deovolt
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Hi everyone, now that I saw this post I'm a little reluctant about buying it, is it still the same after months of updates? (Galaxy S20 FE)

0 Likes
Arunrajv
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

It's possibly because of the design and the process runs in hardwares. 

Eg. The modem is not integrated in soc 865 , it is separate and the the battery has to power both the processor and modem separately where as is is  not the case for other Snapdragon versions as those have the modem integrated into the chip itself.  In most advanced processor heat management will be there to shutdown the mobile when it reach certain temp. If this mobile not doing it means threshold would have been set at higher level as the heating issue is expected . 

- fun fact

The only way u can do is put in tub of water as it is ipx68 water proof  

0 Likes