Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S20 FE 5G

(Topic created on: 01-05-2022 03:34 PM)
djc290761
Explorer
Options

I have just purchased a Galaxy S20 FE 5G and so far things are going well.

I have one unknow moveable icon (?) on the start screen. After passing the necessary security hurdle I am presented by a home screen showing me the usual apps etc. On this screen is a small, moveable rectangle containing two icons. One is a red six pointed star and the other is an icon for my password vault app.

I can grab this rectangle and drag it around the screen but otherwise it appears to be completely unresponsive.

Firstly, what is this and what is its function?

Secondly, I find that it is always in the way so how can I remove it from the home screen?

Many thanks

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Can you take a screenshot and post it here in your thread @djc290761  ?

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
djc290761
Explorer
Options

Here is a screenshot

Screenshot_20220501-111856_One_UI_Home[1].jpg

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@djc290761: This is likely to be stemming from a third party app. You mentioned that the lower icon is for your Password Vault app, which I'm not familiar with. If you head to Settings > Apps > Password Vault > Notifications, and toggle off any active options here, does the icon remain? If so, try heading to Settings > Notifications > Advanced Settings > Floating Notifications > Off. Let me know if this helps. 

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@djc290761 

Can you put the phone into Safe mode.

> https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-start-my-galaxy-device-in-safe-mode/ turns off downloaded apps and themes etc which may highlight an app or theme that's causing conflict. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
djc290761
Explorer
Options

Many thanks for all your help with this oddity.

I have not replied earlier due to a mils illness, fortunately not covid but, after a really great cup of latte I am now in a fit state to reply.

It did not occur to me that, as the icon only included Dashlane, it was probable there as as a result of Dashlane. I then deleted Dashlane and the nuisance icon disappeared. I reinstalled Dashlane and it came back.

I will now contact Dashlane to see why the icon is there and of what use it may be to me.

Thanks for resolving the matter

0 Likes