I got my S20 FE 5G in Janurary.
About once a week the touch screen would lose sensitivity in a vertical stripe and require a reboot.
The last few software updates have caused it to become more frequent, now occurring once per day.
I have logged all these issues in the samsung members app and samsung told me to contact them via twitter but there has been no response from them.
To answer the questions i am expecting:
- I am not using a screen protector at present. I was using one, was having issues, so took it off and am experiencing the same issues. Screen protector is not the issue.
- I have tried with the touch sensitivity setting both enabled and disabled. The issue is identical regardless of this setting.
- My phone is running the most recent update. as of today (28th April 2021) my phone is running an update from 1st April: G781BXXU2CUD1 / G871BOXM2CUC9 / G781BXXU2CUD1
- I have tried multiple keyboards (swiftkey, samsung, google) and issue is the same. besides, screen sensitivity is lost for the entire length of the screen, not just on the keyboard.
Attached are screenshots of touchscreen tests, using Touchscreen test, and the samsung members app tests. note the vertical section in each image where touch is not registered.
My questions are:
1. Is this an issue samsung are trying to fix?
2. Is it a hardware or software issue? i.e. if its software, its likely a replacement device will not resolve the issue.
3. How does the samsung repairs process work? do they require the device to be sent in for a number of days/weeks? I cannot be without a phone due to work/family so sending it in without replacement is not an option.
Thanks for any advice
Despite being through support previously, providing multiple error logs and screenshots via the samsung members, removing and throwing away screen protectors thus wasting my money, samsung still wont acknolwdge an S20 FE screen issue.
Instead they want to take the phone for 14 days to asses it (there is no doorstop repair in my country).
They wont provide a temporary phone but assume i can be without mine for 14 days, that i dont need it for family and work.
If samsung marketing reads this, you have lost a customer. its just 1, but hopefully your lack of response on this issue will also sway other s20FE owners to spend their money elsewhere.
Amazing how a company can waste so much of a customers time and money.
Im starting to think this is a hardware issue, either digitizer or screen.
The touchscreen test app shows 3 finger touch is very poor on the S20FE, registering dozens of ghost touches at any given moment, but when tested on an older HTC & a pixel 4a, no such issues exist.
Samsung cheaped out on components for the FE and its visible.
They will never admit it though.
Best resolution i can hope for is that samsung uses better components in later versions of the s20FE (mine was made in Oct 2020) and ill get a better one under warranty.
Either way, Ill be leaving the brand.