Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy S20+ battery drain since Android 12 upgrade

(Topic created on: 04-01-2022 09:28 AM)
Mark F1
Journeyman
Options

I upgraded my Galaxy S20+ phone to Android 12 on 1st Jan 2022. Since then I have had to reset a number of linked accounts and I lost a large number of Contacts. However the most concerning is that my battery does not last a full day of use once being fully charged. Is anyone else getting this battery drain and is there a fix? 

#galaxy s20+

14 REPLIES 14
rogersdave77
Troubleshooter
Options
Have you tried wiping the cache partition? I have an S21 ultra, not had any issues right from start of beta testing as I always wipe cache partition after every update
0 Likes
Mark F1
Journeyman
Options

Dave, I have not done that. Thank you for the advice. Can you please tell me the best way to do this or point me to a relevant site? Thanks

0 Likes
INTRASERVER
Pathfinder
Options
Mark F1 to let you know Samsung isn't very good with battery savings, but you can do some steps to save battery. Strange and difficult to believe you not sync contacts with google or other service. This is step very down like in this situation. I'm using Office 365 where my contacts, calendar, tasks, emails goes and saves. I don't have a worry about my things if I change phone etc.
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
0 Likes
rogersdave77
Troubleshooter
Options
Recorded on note10 but its the same process for your phone
https://youtu.be/T2HkEa94FRk
0 Likes
Mark F1
Journeyman
Options

Thanks, Intraserver. I too use MS 365 and Google. So, fortunately, my contacts are synchronized. However, over 1 thousand contacts were sent to the recycle bin. Which I don't think should be expected with this upgrade. I have recovered them, thank goodness.

0 Likes
Mark F1
Journeyman
Options

Unfortunately, that does not seem to work for my S20+. It just turns the phone back on again. I don't get the recovery screen. I don't have headphones, apart from Bluetooth, so I tried plugging an unconnected USB C cable. But to no avail.

0 Likes
Solution
rogersdave77
Troubleshooter
Options
UsbC cable works if its plugged into a Samsung tablet....the cable on its own or plugged into a charger will not work. Needs to be headphones or cable plugged between tablet and phone
0 Likes
Mark F1
Journeyman
Options

Thanks, Dave. That is the first time I have used my headphones or at least the headphone cable, and it worked. Thanks again. 

0 Likes
INTRASERVER
Pathfinder
Options
Some miss configuration you have wrong if huge amount of contacts gone in the bin. (Sounds like some of them not been synchronised and saved to Office 365. Or Office 365 has some issues. I had very close story when I move my all contacts from .mac or .me service to office 365 then I lost almost 70%.
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
0 Likes