Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Galaxy S20 5g SM-G981B Battery drain while Diag rates battery as Normal

(Topic created on: 14-11-2023 12:31 PM)
AmAmsnl
Pioneer
Options

Hi I have S20 that is a few years old. Battery capacity has decreased over time.

(I use quick charge would could slow charging safe current battery life?)

I thought I'll have my battery replaced, mainly because newer models do not support flash cards, but that’s another story….

Anyway, I saw there is a lot of battery ***** on the market, so I thought once battery is replaced, how do I check what I bought. Diagnostics should take care of that right?

Wrong, I ran Samsung Members Battery check and it rates my current battery as normal, which is crazy coz I’ll be lucky if current battery lasts 6 hours, I am absolutely not a heavy user. And BTW Battery is in saving mode!

Battery status only rates life as normal and on capacity it reports 4000 mAh, no word on Battery power as some sites indicate.

I am not an Apple fan but Iphone has an app that fairly accurate estimates battery condition,  by showing, estimated remaining capacity, when fully charged, is there something for Android that does the same?

So anyone with some advice how to improve battery life, or how to get a reliable/usable reading on the status of a Battery? I tried all the advice Samsung publishes but I find that mostly marketing bla….

Hint as to how and where to find a reliable battery replacement would also be appreciated, I do not shy away for diy but then still have to find a reliable source to buy a battery.

Thanks

Screenshot_20231114_134541_Samsung-Members.jpg

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
The s20 is quite an old phone, it wasn't great when it first came out and with processor and memory demands going up, it can only get worse
0 Likes