Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Galaxy S20 5G Camera

(Topic created on: 01/09/20 13:40)
BirdGarden
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
Does anybody have a problem with their S20 camera over saturating photos? I had my S20 for about 5 days now, I've noticed colours look unnatural
especially when taking pictures outside. Red, green and blue look really over saturated. 

9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

That is how colour is balanced in most galaxy devices. I personally like it others don't its up to personal taste

BirdGarden
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
I'm surprised as my old Galaxy S7 colours look natural, closer to real colour.
0 Likes
RhysH
Pathfinder
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
Personally I like them. I believe there is a way to change it. Or you can use the filters?
Galaxy S20+ G986B/DS Enterprise Edition (EE) Unlocked "UI 2.5"
0 Likes
Josear
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
Just turn off the scene optimizer
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

@BirdGarden: I understand your concerns, as the camera does make colours more vibrant. What I'd suggest is tapping the magic wand symbol in the top right and checking out the available filters, as you should find an option that gives a more natural look to the scene. 

DL31
Troubleshooter
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

@Anonymous User  smart way to say that it's not balanced 🤣

0 Likes
DL31
Troubleshooter
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

In addition to @AndrewL  reply, the filters usually are a bit violent, pronounced. There is a rule at the bottom, choose a filter that gives a colder look, you could even try sepia or b&w options, and then use the rule and go down to like 2/10 or whatever you like. Try a few of them and do this until you find what suits you the best.

Mark62912
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
I think it's just what the Samsung camera software does automatically because the majority of people prefer this social media ready edit. If you want more realistic colours then you can reduce saturation either by editing after you've taken the photo using the inbuilt software or altering the camera settings
0 Likes
BirdGarden
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
I see no difference 🙄
0 Likes