Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Galaxy M51 wifi calling

(Topic created on: 19-10-2020 06:57 PM)
Manolis2
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

I purchased today the M51 and although the Wifi icon is on i get the following message and it doesn't work. Can someone assist?

Screenshot_20201019-184016_Wi-Fi Calling.jpg

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Maker ★★
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

If Calling Over WiFi isn't working at all and has nothing to do with the pop up advice about emergency calls then as this is network driven the usual advice is to contact your mobile network provider and ask them to provision your account for Calling Over WiFi and to send an OTA configuration to the phone @Manolis2 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²² Ultra 256Gb in Phantom Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help.

0 Likes
Manolis2
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
Thank you for your message. I called vodafone and they said that my account is set up for wifi calling. Wifi calling was working flawlessly in my previous S10 or if i put it in my wife's A40 .
0 Likes
Manolis2
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

The latest update. I called Samsung and believe it or not they said that the device is not a European standard. I asked them why then they sell it through their website (since i purchased it from samsung UK) and they told me to call the sales department. UNBELIEVABLE ........

0 Likes
Sailesh
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Hi there, I know this is an old post but I had the same issue (no wifi calling on Samsung UK supplied M51 on Vodafone) which has just been resolved.

All that was needed was for Vodafone support to send an update to the phone to enable WiFi calling - BUT by selecting Samsung A51 as the handset.  After many calls and attempts I didn't get anywhere but on the off chance tried once more as I was about to leave the network as calls were near impossible even outside the house - spoke to someone that seemed to know what they were talking about - they went through the list - saw M51 was not on there, then said "the phone architecture is much the same as the A51 so lets try that" - did it and it worked straight away... have enjoyed being able to make and receive calls again after 6 months of having the phone!

Anyway - sharing for any others that may still be struggling!

0 Likes