Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Focus doesn't work

(Topic created on: 24-08-2021 05:19 PM)
Jordo2k1
Student
Options

I've had an s20 ultra for over a year and the camera has been fine, every lense has focused perfectly and within good time. Now for the last few months I've had nothing but trouble with the focus on stills and also video recording. Sometimes the focus will work if I flick from video to photo, sometimes it will work if I change the  image qaulity and other ti.es I just cannot get my images or videos to focus and tbh its p*ssing me off now. The main selling point with me was the camera modes etc and over the year I've been impressed with the photos and videos I've captured. Now however I have tried the app cache cleaning, cache partition cleaning amd also camera settings reset. The only thing I have not tried is a factory reset of the phone. Is there any point or has a software update ruined the camera focus as I see so many people having g camera issues like mine woth no fix or even word from Samsung. And if its not fixable we're do i stand with a replacement or upgrade? 

5 REPLIES 5
AndrewL
Options

@Jordo2k1: I'm sorry to hear of your frustration. when focusing on a subject or scene, are you tapping on the area you want to focus on? If so, try selecting the padlock symbol that appears on screen to lock the focus in place. It's also important to make sure that there is plenty of light in the scene, as low light conditions can lead to focusing issues. In the meantime, head to Settings > Software Update and make sure you're on the latest software version. Similarly, head to Settings > Biometrics and Security > Security Update, as these updates can sometimes bring performance improvements with them. If you open the Camera app > Tap the cog symbol > About Camera, you can check for any available updates for the app here, or in the Galaxy Store > tap the 3 lines in the top left > Updates > Camera. If the problem persists, open the Samsung Members app > Get Help > Interactive Checks > Camera, and see if this flags any issues with the hardware. 

0 Likes
vimal jain
Student
Options

Sir, 

this issues with my phone also & camera feel useless (as blurry photos come from 1x to 3x) 

samsung need to do something over it. 

Coffeesam
Apprentice
Options

1633036177948307088755367971816.jpg

0 Likes
Coffeesam
Apprentice
Options

I have a Galaxy S20.

Using 1x to 5x just blurred. Has ruined birthday and spring cherry tree shots.

It pops perfectly into focus after 5x. My family make me use their phones for family shots as useless.

The tap on screen hasn't helped. The yellow square comes up . No change. This has been a multi month problem. I hope there is a solution please.

There is printing on the box on table and the fridge behind. 

Thete is a giant 10 on the fridge top left. Blurred. Please help. Cheers

Coffeesam
Apprentice
Options

Update. I found a partial solution. Repeated tapping on top right outside of s20 case while taking a picture. The S20 suddenly focuses between 1x and 5xs.

So launch camera. Hold in one hand. Aim at subject. Tap top right outside plastic cover 5 or 6 times with finger on free hand.

Just above volume buttons.

Repeat if still blurred.

Bam. Hopefully it focused and your subject hasn't escaped.

20211024_124308.jpg

0 Likes