Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Feel like I've been robbed!

(Topic created on: 12/10/20 23:56)
NeonSparks
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
So I just got the Samsung galaxy S20 and honestly it's a an ok phone but not great. Why are people in some parts of the world having the *****ty exynos processor while others get a premium Snapdragon. The battery life sucks balls and this will be the last Samsung phone I get. Why should people in some parts of the world get a sub standard device while others are getting up to 20% now battery life and 5-15% more processing power! Not happy at all. Totally regret moving from Huawei to Samsung. My next phone won't be Samsung that's for sure. I got an S20 and galaxy Tab s6 lite I can deal with the exynos on the tab because the battery is good enough with it. But on the S20 I'm struggling to get a day! Shame on you Samsung for treating some places like second class customers. 
9 REPLIES 9
happys20
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
Well I'm extremely happy with mine, best decision I made
BandOfBrothers
Superuser I
Superuser I
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

@NeonSparks 

How long have you owned the phone and can you go into device care and screenshot that including the apps showing that are using battery.

The forum holds some really good tips to increase battery usage and I'm more than willing to recommend what I do.

I agree with you over the whole Exynos  / Snapdragon debacle with Samsung really should be using one or the other.

We've seen they can do this as the fold 2 all have Snapdragon soc and the new Samsung s20 fe can be purchased with a Snapdragon soc too.

The Snapdragon is much better at running the phone in my opinion which is one reason I imported a Samsung N20 Ultra 256Gb Snapdragon 865+ version.

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G SM-N9860_256Gb SnapDragon 865+

Samsung One Ui 3.1/ Android 11.

0 Likes
NeonSparks
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
had it about a week now. extremely disappointed. I regret moving from Huawei and if Huawei still had Google play services I would sell this junk and buy one of them. the processor thing has destroyed my experience with Samsung. I expect my battery to least a day but I'm lucky if I get that. when my friend tested his against mine (he got his imported with Snapdragon) I was shocked at the difference. I honestly feel let down by Samsung
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

if you just bought it you can return it and buy a s20 fe 5g, it rocks snapdragon 865 in europe!

0 Likes
Patrick
Superuser I
Superuser I
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Dont know if you heard but the next exynos is superior to its snapdragon counterpart.  So you might wanna reconsider.  My next phone will 100% be a Samsung with a Exynos 1000 chipset.

0 Likes
iamS
Smooth Operator
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
Tbh tho not everyone would wait like you would. Unless you are seriously loyal to Samsung their customers would just look at their rivals such as Apple, especially as they are releasing new phones today.
0 Likes
Patrick
Superuser I
Superuser I
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

I do love samsung phones, i have a exynos 990 powered device so i know the frustrations of this year.  I have hopes that the next exynos will be better 😀 thats sadly no solution for the current 990 problems. But apple no thanks😂 the latest sony flagships look alright tho hehe but I will stick with Samsung.

0 Likes
iamS
Smooth Operator
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
Lol alright
0 Likes
happys20
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
I'm new to this phone before I had a ***** apple phone. I'm not that tech savy although I'm getting there, I'm old and am trying to get to grips with tech. How do you find this phone? I think it's fantastic
0 Likes