Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Faulty Galaxy S20 camera glass leads to class-action lawsuit

(Topic created on: 30-04-2021 02:29 PM)
WelshPaul
Troubleshooter
Options

Looks like there was some truth to the reports after all:

https://www.sammobile.com/news/faulty-galaxy-s20-camera-glass-leads-to-class-action-lawsuit/

"Galaxy S20 owners who feel the same way and happen to have had their camera glass breaking are encouraged by Hagens Berman to fill out a form on their website. Assuming that Hagens Berman or any other firm obtains a settlement, the court will decide a reasonable fee to be awarded to the legal team for the class."

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung iPhone user.

Current Devices:
  • iPhone 14 Pro 256GB Deep Purple
  • Samsung Galaxy Buds+ > Model: SM-R175.
7 REPLIES 7
Gmacc
Apprentice
Options
Definitely a problem my rear camera lens has developed a hairline crack and always had a quad lock cover
0 Likes
Kris G
Voyager
Options

maybe just like Xiaomi MiNote10, there was a time Samsung came up with the idea to let the 108MP camera loose in order to save battery, and then it's lens got contact with the camera glass?

on MiNote10 i can shake the phone and i can literally hear the camera hitting on something, but doesn't sound like glass, on the S20Ultra it does make some sound too, but way less.....guess they decided to leave the magnetic field on to hold the camera lens in place;

i see no other reason why the glass would crack on it's own

Huawei P8, Mate10Pro, P40Pro;
Samsung S20Ultra;
Xiaomi MiNote10;
0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
Mine is a November s20 5g bought from Samsung direct, was it just the early devices effected or is it the whole s20 series? Heard alot about this but mine is fine so far
0 Likes
WelshPaul
Troubleshooter
Options

I believe it to be all S20 Ultra 5G's. Probably explains why amazon have been selling them off for £699 the past couple of months lol

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung iPhone user.

Current Devices:
  • iPhone 14 Pro 256GB Deep Purple
  • Samsung Galaxy Buds+ > Model: SM-R175.
0 Likes
Members_8SmX5HH
First Poster
Options

Note 20 ultra owner here.  Bought phone from Samsung a month or so ago.  Noticed the glass covering the lens had broken today.  I was using the zoom last night.  This is still an issue, so anyone thinking of getting a Samsung, don't.

0 Likes
KholaI
Options

Hi there @Members_8SmX5HH 

If you're experiencing issues with the Note20 Ultra, please reach out to our Support Team via https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/ so they can look into this further with you.

0 Likes
Members_LIIJ5Jq
First Poster
Options

Happened a week ago to my S20+ 5G, which was a US G9860 model.   Perhaps we should have a class action here to get Samsung to own up to the issue and address it.  Seems to me beyond coincidence that so many have experienced this with no obvious precipitating factor.

0 Likes