Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Faulty charging

(Topic created on: 16-09-2022 12:06 PM)
Jiskra
Journeyman
Options
My S20 Ultra 5G isn't super fast nor fast charging anymore. Neither wireless fast charging is working. Tried many cables and chargers. Just wondering if anyone is having same problem, might be a software problem or something wrong with the charging slot. And also this shouldn't be a probelm at all with USB-C but it depends which way I connect the cable to the phone. I mean with the original super fast charger (45W) I got which came with the phone I connect the cable and it doesn't charge at all so when I just turn the cable upside down and connect it then it starts charging but in normal speed. With other various chargers similar thing is happening only one way it charges in normal speed and with the connector just being turned upside down  it charges in slow speed. Well generally I stopped being satisfied with this phone some time qgo already because there have been always some issues not like with my previous S10
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
DannyT
Options

Hey there, @Jiskra. You would need a 45W charger for super fast charging to work correctly. 

Welcome to the Community!

0 Likes
Jiskra
Journeyman
Options
Hi I got one 45 W which came with the phone, I was super fast charging and as I described it stopped both super fast and fast charging 2 weeks ago
Midge123
Voyager
Options
Hi I have the s20 ultra 5g and I am not getting any problems with mine I have the 45w charger and when I plug it in it says super fast charging I have a wireless charger from which I used for my Samsung s9 plus and that chages slightly faster than normal charge
Jiskra
Journeyman
Options
Ok thank you
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I started getting that after mysteriously getting the moisture detected error which went away on its own ( you can read about it under my name)

And now I have the same issue with the charging like you.
No fast charging but charges if I flip the cable.

Only recently couple of days ago it seems to be fast charging again on it own.

So maybe just keep at it and it will sort itself out.

Mine is S21 ultra though.
Jiskra
Journeyman
Options
Thank you
0 Likes