Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fast wireless charger issues

(Topic created on: 20-10-2021 12:53 AM)
Kojak_1984
First Poster
Options
Since the latest update I am unable to fast wireless charge my S20.  All 3 chargers I own were fine until the update was installed and now I get a message to show that the chargers are not compatible.

Is anyone else having issues and is there a fix in place?
0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Kojak_1984 

Are you three chargers official Samsung chargers  ?

Is fast charging still toggled On in your phones settings  ?

If it is then toggle it off, soft reboot by turning the phone off and on and then toggle fast charging back on and then see what happens.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Midge123
Voyager
Options
Hi there I have the s20 ultra and now I don't have fast charging either after the update hope Samsung gets this fixed soon
0 Likes
Midge123
Voyager
Options
I have restarted my phone and it's still not working thanks
0 Likes
Kojak_1984
First Poster
Options
Hi @bandofbrothers

No none of the 3 are official samsung but all 3 have worked fine up until the update and are still fast charging my sons I phone. 2 of the chargers were purchased through EE when we got the phones.

I'll try to toggle and reboot now

Update: this hasnt worked. Just checked my wifes s20 now shes home and hers is the same 😪
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Unfortunately I have known 3rd party chargers experience issues after the phone has updated. 

This has happened to iPhone's I've owned previously too.

Can you try an official Samsung charger  ?

0 Likes
Midge123
Voyager
Options
I was using a genuine Samsung charger but I found its still fast charging it come up on the main screen it just says settings I took a screenshot but I don't know how to add a picture on here thanks Midge
0 Likes
Midge123
Voyager
Options
Here is the screenshot Screenshot_20211020-170012_One UI Home.jpg
0 Likes
GreyMatter
Helping Hand
Options
I don't use fast charging. It's a terrible idea. It damages the battery. These types of battery should be charged at a maximum of 2A. Sure, it might not be convenient, but hey its better to be safe than over stress a battery that can be hazardous
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @GreyMatter 

I only use fast charging on my Samsung phones if I ever  end a quick boost of juice.

I also use Samsung Desktop chargers that have a cooling fan installed to help with the increased heat produced.

And if a case is on the phone remove it to help the phone get rid of the heat more effectively is my advice.

The phone's and batteries are intelligent and manufactured by Samsung to be able to cope with fast charging or Samsung wouldn't be able to provide it.

I prefer to normal charge and carry round a power bank.

0 Likes